Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im a newbie needing some advice.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Im a newbie needing some advice.

Hi all , am just signed up for Myfico and I am so glad I did.  My sister in law recomended this site and she swears by it.  I am in need of some serious help and/or advice.  I hope anyone can help.  Heres the thing.  I just checked my report and realized I have 7 open accounts, most of them CC's.  My score dropped from 720 to 683, I believe this is because of all the open, zeroed accounts.  What should I do. I want to raise my score back up into the 700's, and I aslo pay on time everything, every month.  Any advice??
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Im a newbie needing some advice.

BUMP!  Anyone PLEASE HELP.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do you have any baddies??....if not...all you can do is keep doing what you are now...
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

It would NOT be because of open accounts. I have 19 open accounts & my scores are all over 700.

Your scores are made up of length of history, CC  UTIL and payments  this counts more toward your scores then any other type of loan!

Look at your CRs  for any late payments, public records or CO.(1 30 day late within the last 2 years will hurt!)

What can hurt your scores

90+ day lates
collections
charge-offs
repos
foreclosures
public records (tax liens, judgments, BK past due child support)
maxed-out or over-the-limit revolving account

Message Edited by HappyDays on 05-19-2008 01:44 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.