cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im so close...opinions needed!

tag
kkehler1

Re: Im so close...opinions needed!

Thanks guiness56, you've been a great help. I should rename this post to "Im not as close as I thought I was" LOL

In your honest opinion though, do you think 700 is acheievable in 60 days with the collection removals and 1-2 late payments coming off?

645 EQ now with 1 collection showing and no late removals to date.

4/26/13 FICO SCORES: EQ 651 / TU 642 / EX 654
4/26/14 FAKO SCORES: EX 716
FICO GOAL: 700 midscore by 6/15/13
Message 31 of 36
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It could be.  It is so hard to say with any certainy.

The collection is 3 years old and you might get 20 points or so for that.  Those lates from 2008 aren't really hurting your score.  Single 30 day lates usually lose their sting after about 6 months to a year.

Didn't you say somewhere in the thread you had a 120 day late?  Even at 3 years old if you could get them to remove that and your most recent late you may be able to pull a 700.

Message 32 of 36
kkehler1

Yes, the one that supposedly is to be removed has a 90 and 120 late on it from 2009. I haven't seen the letter yet from Capital One, but they confirmed it was going to be removed over the phone, per the letter they sent.

Im ashamed how irresponsible I've been in the past. This 120 was a $500 card that I just ignored and didnt pay years ago. Now its haunting me. I should have started this process 12 months ago.

You'd think with these GW letters, the creditors would just start ignoring them from you. I mean, they have to keep record that they denied one in the past right? So the next one they just throw away and send a canned response? I don't know. It just seems that would be their behavior.

Message 33 of 36
guiness56
Epic Contributor

It really depends on the creditor.  Cap 1 seems to be one of the hardest to get any type of GW gester from, especially removing the entire TL.  You did good there.

Many creditors never respond or send the canned response but all they can do is say no.  You may get 100 no's but it only takes one yes.  Just keep trying.  Send to other people in the company.  Make the GW your own and be honest with them. 

Don't be ashamed, people make mistakes and when they learn from them, that is what matters.

Message 34 of 36
kkehler1

So the collection deletion was updated today on EQ. I got 6 pts out of it =(

Not what I was hoping for. Im still waiting for the delete on TU. 
I'll have to wait and see what the late removals do, but I was really counting on a decent increase from the collection delete.

Message 35 of 36
kkehler1

EQ confirmed the deletion of the collection today. I signed up for EQ Complete Advantage and did a 3 bureau pull from them

Here is the Complete Advantage scores

EQ 651 / TU 642 / EX 654

The report from EQ Complete Advantage is showing that EX is only reporting 1 negative item now. This used to be 3, so hopefully the other CRA's will update soon as well.

I just refreshed my EQ report on myFICO

EQ 659

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.