Hubby and I filed Chapter 7 on 7/5, 341 was just last week on 9/10, and PACER status is "awaiting discharge." Accounts are beginning to show IIB and zero, and scores are fluctuating as expected. We surrendered both vehicles in the BK, and plan to only replace with one. I work from home, and hubby isn't working due to back/neck issues so we have no need of two cars. He has surgery scheduled on 10/17 to replace two discs in his neck, and we have no idea if he'll be able to go back to work after recovery, or if he'll be going on permanent disability. We have been using rideshare but getting him to and from physical therapy twice a week is adding up to be as much as a car and insurance, so we're plannning on getting a used car fairly soon. We know the rate will suck.
I intend to join NFCU within the next couple of months, then after six months of car loan, go for a re-fi on whatever loan we get on the "new" car. As for CC's, neither of us are inclined to get any more anytime soon. We burned Credit One and Capital One, so snagging those is out. Will it hurt if we just get a car loan sometime between now and the end of the year, and wait 9 months to a year to start the re-build with CC's? Each of us has a student loan, and we re-affirmed a loan with Conn's on our washer/dryer that will be paid off by next April. Hubby's student loan is in forebearance, and mine is deferred as I'm completing my masters degree. I expect to finish next spring, so my student loan payments will probably start coming due in late fall of next year.
Waiting to rebuild is the biggest mistake I made. Time is the most important factor you cannot manufacture. Getting a few positive items onto your report and letting them age is extremely important. That extra year will make a difference down the road. Even if you just get two secured cards and let them sit unused for that year you will be in a better postion than if you waited. Good luck.