cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Improving MyFico Score

tag
JaKobe

Improving MyFico Score

Hello myfico family members I'm reaching out to you guys with questions about improving my score. Myfico score is 703 I have 2 late payments 30 days late but it's been 4yr and 6 months since it has occurred and I've been current every since. What's the best way to help improve my score? I need a 17 point increase I'm looking at purchasing a new home. My debt utilization is at 60%. Thanks in advance.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

Re: Improving MyFico Score

The quickest way to get that kind of quick jump in your score is to get that utilization down. Way down. Below 30% at minimum. Below 10% if you can. Utilization changes do wonders in a big hurry.

I'm curious, though. What kind of loan is it that isn't happy with a 700+ score but would be happy with one around 720?

Message 2 of 8
JaKobe

It's on a traditional 30 yr fixed loan. My loan officer said that if it was at 720 he would be able to get the intrest rate down almost a half a point. Gunnar I asked myself the same question the chart that myfico score falls in says I need a 760 before my rate changes again. That's why I reached out to my online family.
Message 3 of 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Definitely get it down.  That is way too high,  even 30% is too high.

I would get it at 9% or below.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You have to pay your bills and payments on time and decrease the utilization of debt about 30%. Manage your bank account and credit history good so that lenders can trust on you to give loan.

Message 5 of 8
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

Pay your debt down to about 9%! You'll see the increase you need!

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 8
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Yep.....what ^^they said!! Good luck!!

*8/10/13
Message 7 of 8
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

They're all right about the lowering of util. Rest assured, after your success of being timely more than four years, those few 30's are more of an eyesore, than a score hindering.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.