Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In a battle with Experian

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In a battle with Experian

I've been fighting with EX since June about a collection on my acct and they gave me the awful stall letter (We received a suspicious package) and they failed to investigate within 30 days as I sent a 2nd dispute and they "investigated the disupte" and it came back as "verified" 37 days after I initially sent my dispute letter. Complained to the CFPB and BBB and nothing has come of it.  I requested their method of investigate/verification and not only did they not produce one within 15 days, they did not produce one at all. They simply sent me a letter stating that they updated the collection for 9/2015. I'm really getting tired of these people and don't want to wait for a court date, but it seems like I am being left no choice. Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In a battle with Experian

What is your dispute reason?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I originally disputed a collections as not mine and Experian 1st refused to investigate, which is my 1st gripe, and the eventually "verified" that the collection was valid. Filed a dispute with the CFPB that turned into nothing.  Came back and asked Experian for MoV and not only did they not complete this within 15 days, they didn't verify anything and only sent me a form showing that the collection was updated for 09/2015.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

If its not yours, then use FCRA 605B, ID Theft provision to get it removed. Disputing is a fools game, that you will always lose, because ALL the decision making is left to the CA.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.