Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In need of store cards

tag
Lewisa410
Established Member

In need of store cards

My credit history includes delinquent accounts and a repossession. Currently I have the repossession, a new car loan, an indigo cc, self lender loan, and 12 hard pulls. What are some suggested revolving accounts. Today I was also approved for a capitol one quicksilver cc.
10 REPLIES 10
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Re: In need of store cards

@Lewisa410,

You said store card and not major credit so this does not directly sneer your question. But have you tried Discover? On their site you can check to see if you can pre qualify for a card and its only a soft inquiry. They ask a couple of basic/standard questions and you will have to provide last 4 of SSN.

Good luck

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Definitely check the Discover prequalification first, their preapprovals are solid. 

As for a store card... if you’re an Amazon Prime Member, the Amazon Store Card is backed by Synchrony and tends to be pretty good for rebuilders to get a decent limit. 

Message 3 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Lewisa410 wrote:
My credit history includes delinquent accounts and a repossession. Currently I have the repossession, a new car loan, an indigo cc, self lender loan, and 12 hard pulls. What are some suggested revolving accounts. Today I was also approved for a capitol one quicksilver cc.

If you just got approved. Its best to spread apps out. Check Disco pre-qual. If its a no go. Wait 6 months then ty again. Dont try the SCT it's a HP now. No more tricks.

Message 4 of 11
Lewisa410
Established Member

Thank you. This was very helpful. I need all the guidance I can get. I am new to building credit...properly.
Message 5 of 11
Lewisa410
Established Member

Thank you for the advice.
Message 6 of 11
Lewisa410
Established Member

I am new to building credit. I was once told that it is good to have an unsecured cc and a store cc.
Message 7 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Thats why were here to help. You need 3 revolvers secured or unsecured in time. Just doesnt have to be like right now.  Stores card are looked down upon by some lenders. So you have 2 cards and a car loan. Use the cards. Only let 1 card report a balance of 5 bucks. The other PIF each month. As I posted earlier. Try Disco. If no go. Wait 6 months and try again. Time to let those accounts age and mostly the 12 inq's are a tad too many in a short period. With the repo and not knowing the other derogs. Work on cleaning them up if you can. In time you'll get there. But slow and steady wins the race. Took me 3 yrs to get where I'm at. And I stopped 6 months ago. No need for anything else. You can do it. Best thing is to ask here before you make any moves. Many have been in your shoes. Dont hesitate to ask. Good Luck!

Message 8 of 11
Lewisa410
Established Member

@FireMedic1 wrote:

The other PIF each month

What does this mean?

Message 9 of 11
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Pay in full each month

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.