Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increase!

tag
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Increase!

Centerpoint Energy came off of TU report finally!  Nice increase for me and TU WUZ my lowest score, not anymore!  This was a new account that showed up in February, I paid it off after it went to collections but I GW letter and it immediately came off EX & EQ but TU was taking forever so i sent them a Dispute via mail with my letter from OC saying I owed no balance  & they were deleting from all 3 CRA's. 

600's here I come!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Shellemilyrose
Valued Member

Re: Increase!

Congratulations, it gives me hope!

Starting Score: 487
Current Score: Equifax: 586
Experian: 589
Transunion: 602

Overall Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Tooliebell
Frequent Contributor

Awesome!  How old was your account?

I just had 3 accounts deleted and my score went down, so I am glad you are seeing an increase!

Message 3 of 4
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

It wasnt very old (2011) so that could be the reason for the nice increase.  I did use the simulator and it predicted an increase.  On another account I have that I can have removed becuase I dont think its mine, well the simultor showed I'd get a decrease in points so I've just left it alone for now. But I think that has to do with the age of the account, it was opened in 2004 and if I delete it then it changes my credit age average or whatever that's called.

I use a simulator before deleting any accounts, but if its a collection I'd like to get those removed unless they are about to fall off.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.