Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indigo Platinum Mastercard

tag
1hotcat
Regular Contributor

Indigo Platinum Mastercard

Rebuilder information Share,

Spoke with a supervisor from Indigo today about this credit card and she stated that the $300 credit limit will never increase and the annual fee will never be waived . It's just their credit card structure . 

I notified her that I will be cancelling this card in November because I will not pay the annual fee for a card that will not grow with my profile and thanked her for her time .

Also they have no app for this card . 

I don't not recommend this card unless you pay in full and it's the only card that approves you .

Starting Scores:

Starting Score: 500
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 740 (All 3 Bureau's) June 2024 **

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
The 1st stone looks just like a stone until one day you realize that you put one on top of the other and now it's a skyscraper .  

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
calyx
Super Contributor

Re: Indigo Platinum Mastercard

Thank you for sharing your experience and information.

Happy practitioner of AZE7or8or9or10 | Team Finances > FICO
Message 2 of 15
newgirlintown
Valued Member

Thanks! Just got a pre-approval in the mail and was going to apply not know what my cl would be. I'll just wait for something better.

Message 3 of 15
Johnmccoy2710
Valued Member

Do you have a number for Indiago? I can't ever speak with anyone about my account. I'm trying to get a pay for delete.

Message 4 of 15
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@1hotcat wrote:

Spoke with a supervisor from Indigo today about this credit card and she stated that the $300 credit limit will never increase and the annual fee will never be waived . It's just their credit card structure . 

I notified her that I will be cancelling this card in November because I will not pay the annual fee for a card that will not grow with my profile and thanked her for her time .

I don't not recommend this card unless you pay in full and it's the only card that approves you .

Your siggy shows a QS World Elite Mastercard. Thats usually 5k and up to have that. Why then are you worried about a secured card? Close it! You got the Citi secured that should graduate in 18 months since opening, a Kohls card, and it appears a Cap1 Plat? Thats enough to build on.

Message 5 of 15
Egaffne2
Regular Contributor

The indigo is an unsecured card, I get pre approvals in the mail every other week it seems. I won't touch them either for the same reason - low credit limit that stays forever and high annual fee. The capital one platinum or Quicksilver one are way better than the indigo card. Even the Merrick bank card will double your line in 7 months. I definitely wouldn't recommend indigo unless a person has no other options...
Current 2023 FICO 8 score - 760 (EX) 758 (TU) 762 (EQ) (FICO 9s seem to be significantly higher)
Starting score - 530
Discover it - $4,200
Citi Custom Cash - $6,600
CFNA Firestone - $3,200
Amex BCE - $2,500
Mission Lane - $1,100
Chase slate (AU) - $3,000
Chase Freedom Flex - $11,100
Lowes Advantage card - $10,000
PNC poop points- $4,500
2 student loans 93% paid off
AMEX loan only 7% paid off so far
Total current Utilization among all accounts- 20%

Message 6 of 15
Remedios
Credit Mentor

@FireMedic1 wrote:

@1hotcat wrote:

Your siggy shows a QS World Elite Mastercard. Thats usually 5k and up to have that. Why then are you worried about a secured card? Close it! You got the Citi secured that should graduate in 18 months since opening, a Kohls card, and it appears a Cap1 Plat? Thats enough to build on.

That QS has $300 limit, so it's not a "true" QS

Message 7 of 15
1hotcat
Regular Contributor

I couldn't find a Quicksilver pic for my signature. Truth be told I'm struggling with pics on my siggy. I'm not paying for pics in a 3rd party site. Your expertise is always appreciated.

Starting Scores:

The 1st stone looks just like a stone until one day you realize that you put one on top of the other and now it's a skyscraper .  

Message 8 of 15
1hotcat
Regular Contributor

I called the number on the back of the card during their business hours . I asked for a supervisor because I honestly could not understand the customer service rep.
Good luck !!!!

Starting Scores:

Message 9 of 15
alexgold9393
New Contributor

As a current Indigo card holder, I can confirm everything you said. I also spoke with them and threatened them to close the card without a CLI or waiving of the AF. They refused and supervisor almost laughed at my request. 

9 more months before I kick this card to the curb and write negative reviews everywhere I can about it. Absolutely awful card. 

I bought Starbucks latte once with it and it didn't show balance for 6 days, PIF and they kept payment for 11 days before posting. It's very difficult to keep this card. Its almost like they want you to fail. 

Open Accounts:

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.