Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inexperienced and confused

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inexperienced and confused

I just checked my credit score to find it's a whopping 589!! Smiley Sad I had 4 negative items, 2 of which I'm disputing. I have a secured credit card that I've never been late on and whose balance is close to 0. I need to know how I can get my score back up with only this one account open. Any suggestions? Please?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inexperienced and confused

You would need more credit....and some kind of mix....work on the negatives...n the meantime...maybe you should get something like Crown Jewelers...to help a little....

Message 2 of 7
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

I agree with sly. Improving your credit mix by adding another revolving account or two should boost your score some.
Here we go again...
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

To clarify - I had a credit card with BOA that I was 150 days late on and is now closed. - A charge-off with Dell that I settled. It's now closed. - A collection for $19 from an emergency room. I disputed it because I was still under my parents' insurance and it was billed to them. - An account for a utility that I closed when I moved houses. They kept the account in my name for 2 months and are charging me $319. It has been sent to collections and I am disputing that as well. What are my best options as far as working on these negative items and putting positive ones on there?

Message Edited by fused on 08-06-2008 08:06 AM
Message 4 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

xxnitsuaxx wrote:
To clarify - I had a credit card with BOA that I was 150 days late on and is now closed. - A charge-off with Dell that I settled. It's now closed. - A collection for $19 from an emergency room. I disputed it because I was still under my parents' insurance and it was billed to them. - An account for a utility that I closed when I moved houses. They kept the account in my name for 2 months and are charging me $319. It has been sent to collections and I am disputing that as well. What are my best options as far as working on these negative items and putting positive ones on there?

Message Edited by fused on 08-06-2008 08:06 AM

Please be aware that discussions regarding disputing accurate information for the purposes of improving one's credit score and/or profile are a violation of this site's TOS and Credit Repair Discussion Guidelines.  Please read this thread before posting anything further regarding credit repair:

Thanks for contributing to these forums and for your cooperation!

--fused

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fused, Sorry, I thought the way I worded it was clear, but evidently it wasn't. I paid the account in full, removed my name from the account, and was told that service would be cut until the incoming tenants switched service to their name. After telling me that this was complete, however, the utility company turned service back on in my name and the new tenants let it run for 2 months before switching it to their name. Therefore, the information that I am disputing is not accurate. Unless I'm mistaken somewhere...
Message 6 of 7
fused
Moderator Emeritus

No problema! Thank you for your explanation!
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.