Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries About Credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiries About Credit

Will such things as walmart credit cards and things like that work?

Message 21 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Will such things as walmart credit cards and things like that work?

Store cards will do, but they are scored slightly less than bank cards. The difference is not something I would be concerned with at the early rebuild stage.

Message 22 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! I appreciate everything!

Side note what is the website i should be looking into for the HIPAA situation? I found a website, but it was more into questions rather than steps.

Message 23 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you! I appreciate everything!

Side note what is the website i should be looking into for the HIPAA situation? I found a website, but it was more into questions rather than steps.

I just sent you a PM with the information.
Message 24 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ill check it out!

Message 25 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

I checked the annual Credit report site.

Was i suppose to get scores or was i just looking to see what kind of debt I'm Looking at?

Also I've applied for the Capitol One card and should be recieving that in a few days.

Credit Karma also pointed me towards another card, but I cannot remember the name.  Should I wait 6 Months and expand to another Capitol One card? Or should i look for another card much like it? If so whats another one?

My wife also applied for a Capitol One Card, but she was denied bc shes ditzy and put the wrong amount for her Anual Salary. Can she reapply and correct that?

Message 26 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been a while and I'm not 100% sure if it's ok to bump this or not, but I feel with prior info we've discussed and the question I want to ask still dealing with this. It should be ok.

I have a directtv and time warner cable charge on my credit from equipment charges bc my roommate I use to live with failed to return the equipment.

Should I bite the bullet and pay it off?

Can I dispute?

What are he advantages and disadvantages of disputing?
Message 27 of 30
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Who are the collection agencies reporting them? You may be able to request a pay for delete. Some collection agencies are more willing than other's to do this.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 28 of 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Diversified consultants out of Jacksonville Florida

Stern recovery agency out of Greensboro North Carolina
Message 29 of 30
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

I can't find anything on Stern. I would send them a pay for delete letter. From what I've found on Diversified, you can find the CEO's email address on his LinkedIn page. Send him an email explaining that your roommate left you holding the bill and that you really want to pay it off if they'll delete it. Explain to him that you're preparing to purchase a home soon.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.