cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries-How many from one company can appear at once?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries-How many from one company can appear at once?

I have 3 inquiries from NCO Financial on my CR for the same day in November 2007, I think because they purchased all three of my WFNNB accounts.... Express, The Limited, and Victoria's Secret.

Is this allowed? Can I dispute the 2 "duplicate" inquiries? What is the law on this?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiries-How many from one company can appear at once?

abc1121 wrote:
I have 3 inquiries from NCO Financial on my CR for the same day in November 2007, I think because they purchased all three of my WFNNB accounts.... Express, The Limited, and Victoria's Secret.

Is this allowed? Can I dispute the 2 "duplicate" inquiries? What is the law on this?

I believe it will show up as 1 inquiry when your credit is run. From my reading, disputing inquiries is a no no. Most CRA will flag your account for fraud. It is recommended to write a PP letter to them.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are they all from 1 CRA..or all from all 3 CRA's....
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It is on one CR, Experian, and there are 3 inquiries for the same CA, but I believe it's for 3 separate OC's, that they prob purchased at the same time.
Message 4 of 5
deskjockey101
Valued Member

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe it will show up as 1 inquiry when your credit is run. From my reading, disputing inquiries is a no no. Most CRA will flag your account for fraud. It is recommended to write a PP letter to them.

i know this is an old thread, but why would disputing an inquiry be a red flag for fraud?
FICOs: EQ-780 TU-752 EX-777

Citi TY 12k; RBFCU Preferred MC 12k; USAA AmEx $9200; HomeDepot 16k; Barclays Apple $7700; RBFCU LoC 1k; Kohls 1k; Target Red $700
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.