Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insurance Companies fault

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Insurance Companies fault

I have a large amount that went to a collection agency that should never of gone there.  My medical insurance finally did pay off the amount but due to clerical errors on there part (ins. co.) the hospital filed it to collections while I waited for it to get straighten out.  Although everything is paid, it lowered my score.  Can, and how, do I get this fixed/improved?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Jesedmotherof5
Established Contributor

Re: Insurance Companies fault

I had a collection that I paid for that should have been sent the insurance. I sent the CA and CRA proof of my insurance at the time of services. Took two letters to the CA but they took it off last month. Hope that helps call the OC/ insurance company so that you have records of payment.
6/9/08 FICO TU 697 EX698 EQ 618uti 6% (once new accounts hit) BIZ- DUNS 80, EX 35
GOAL 2008- 700s+ new car
2010 BE a first time buyer
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Insurance Companies fault

I know TU has a dispute option that is "paid by insurance".........not sure success rate using that is.

I'd call the OC and speak with them and ask if they'll fax the CA a letter to delete.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.