Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid Debt

tag
bargerms
Valued Member

Invalid Debt

I have a debt in my account from 2005 that my insurance never paid because they never recieved anything from the hospital. How much do you think my credit score will go up if i clear off those two collections. they are the only 2 collections i have. my current score is a 620.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Invalid Debt

Hi and Welcome to the fora! Please read the credit scoring thread in my sig line. Are these collections unpaid? Just because the hospital didn't submit a claim doesn't mean the debt is invalid. Since this is a med collection, the repair process is different than other collections. A few questions:

- do you have any other bad stuff on your reports: late payments, charge-offs, etc.
- do you have high balances on credit cards
- have you disputed these collections, or have you demanded validation from the collection agencies on these debts
- who is reporting these collections

Message 2 of 4
bargerms
Valued Member

I have a few late payments. 2 I believe but nothing within 4 years. I have approximately 550 in credit card debt out of 1800 in available credit.

I spoke with my hospital and they said if my insurance paid the medical bills that they would be able to remove the item from my credit report.
Message 3 of 4
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Good! If anything else changes let us know. As for what your scores might do, I think if you pay down your CC debt to less than $180 and the med collection gets removed, you might very well be above 650.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.