Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is A Deletion Possible?

tag
simyengi
New Contributor

Is A Deletion Possible?

While my middle score is a 657, I have a few old, closed accounts that are hurting my score. The main one is a BoA credit card that has 21 late payments on it...the last one being in 2009. I settled for less that was owed. Any chance I can get BoA to delete a few of this late payments, or does it not matter anymore?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
KRAMathKY
New Contributor

Re: Is A Deletion Possible?

If the missed payments were 90 days and greater, then you should definitely try to GW BoA.  

In my personal experience, BoA was very difficult to work with.  I had two accounts that were settled for less in 2009.  I contacted the Office of the CEO and President early this summer and the person that called me back was rude and discourteous.  She told me there was nothing that could be done because the information being reported to the CRAs was accurate.  After several heated discussions, complaints with the Better Business Bureau and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau AND proving that the accounts were not reported properly, the "customer advocate" made a "business decision" to complete remove the accounts from my credit reports.  

That being said, it does not hurt to give it a try.  Good luck.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.