cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Delete promise via email from CA as good as a letter?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is Delete promise via email from CA as good as a letter?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Delete promise via email from CA as good as a letter?

Welcome to the forums.

I noticed you seem to be having some trouble posting. It is possible to edit your own post if you have posted an incomplete message. To edit your post, go to the post. To the right you'll see "Options." Click on "Options" and select "Edit Message" from the drop-down menu. If you have accidentally posted a duplicate message, you can use the “Report Abuse to a Moderator” link to asking the moderation team to remove one for you. To find this link, go to the duplicate post, click on "Options," then select "Report Abuse to a Moderator" from the drop-down menu. If you need any help with anything, let me know.

--marinevietvet, myFICO moderator

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks marinevietvet for noticing. Had trouble posting on iPad until I clicked on HTML instead of Rich text and viola it worked. Now to my issue, sent an email PFD to collection agency(original creditor sold the debt CA) got an email back agreeing to delete for full payment. I replied requesting a signed letterhead which I got as an attachment. Should I go ahead and send them a cashiers check. Also a while back I mailed them a certified DV twice and never got an answer back, plus am disputing this debt with three CRA. Is it wise to wait or better settle while I can?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Thanks marinevietvet for noticing. Had trouble posting on iPad until I clicked on HTML instead of Rich text and viola it worked. Now to my issue, sent an email PFD to collection agency(original creditor sold the debt CA) got an email back agreeing to delete for full payment. I replied requesting a signed letterhead which I got as an attachment. Should I go ahead and send them a cashiers check. Also a while back I mailed them a certified DV twice and never got an answer back, plus am disputing this debt with three CRA. Is it wise to wait or better settle while I can?

Their e-mail should be sufficient.  Make sure you save it with full headers.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Header got full CA name and the account #. Only worry is these guys use fake names all the time like Adam Smith is it still legally binding
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Header got full CA name and the account #. Only worry is these guys use fake names all the time like Adam Smith is it still legally binding

By headers I mean the technical part of the e-mail that contains the senders IP address and the routing of the e-mail through various servers.

In any event, it should be a binding contract based on what you have posted.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.