Did you mean: 

Is Early Exclusion even a thing?

tag
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Is Early Exclusion even a thing?

@Invictus2905 wrote:

Thanks for the information @FireMedic1. This has been a long journey and I am in the home stretch so I am getting antsy! I will keep trying and hopefully it goes through. 

I did see a few post where folks submitted an online dispute and it was either immediately deleted or deleted within a few hours. I doubt I have that sort of luck and dont think I want to submit a dispute. This CO reports every month at 110% utilization and at this point I dont want to mess with it too much since I am so close and its my last baddie. 

Oh it stills has a balance. No dont dispute. The creditor will get real aggresive since its getting closer to fall off date. Heck I'd leave it be. Dont poke the bear.

Message 11 of 38
tnhomestead
Frequent Contributor

On TransUnion, 6 months so if the the debt falls off in Aug, send in an online dispute in Feb. Worked for me last month!

Message 12 of 38
coolandcalm
Contributor

Same situation as OP.. account set to fall of 8/22 transunion. Started an online dispute "too old and obsolete.."on  1/16/22, so maybe it was too early because it didn't automatically fall.

Have called Transunion customer support a couple times and they are saying that we must wait for the dispute to finish before anything can be done. 

Message 13 of 38
Invictus2905
New Contributor

@coolandcalm you can call and tell them you want to cancel the dispute. I had a dispute opened on 1/23, which I now know was too early, and had it cancelled today. An hour later I submitted a new dispute choosing "other" and put account too old. Requesting early exclusion. No joke before the page refreshed after I hit submit I got an email saying that my results were in and sure enough it was deleted. 

Message 14 of 38
coolandcalm
Contributor

Just Called!.. apparently you have 15 days to cancel your open disputes with Transunion, and today is 15 or 16 days. Spoke to an agent, then supervisor.. "system won't allow us to do it".. 

I've got to wait at most 15 days more for the process to finish.. or if the OC gets back sooner and completes the investigation.. and dispute it online again.. if possible.

Message 15 of 38
Nola4life07
Established Member

TU and EX deleted stuff for me but EQ

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Welcome @Invictus2905 Ask for a supervisor and go from there. There have been a few reports that it dropped down to 3 months like EX. Also TU has been deleting early without request since last Nov approximately. Good Luck!

forget it they won't delete anything I have two accounts due to drop off 04/22. they told me no twice once in December and once last month in January. 

Message 16 of 38
7774x
Established Contributor

@Nola4life07 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Welcome @Invictus2905 Ask for a supervisor and go from there. There have been a few reports that it dropped down to 3 months like EX. Also TU has been deleting early without request since last Nov approximately. Good Luck!

forget it they won't delete anything I have two accounts due to drop off 04/22. they told me no twice once in December and once last month in January. 

Shame.. seems to me  EQ is used by the majority of credit grantors

Message 17 of 38
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@7774x wrote:

@Nola4life07 wrote:

@FireMedic1 wrote:

Shame.. seems to me  EQ is used by the majority of credit grantors

Actually its EX that has the biggest piece of the pie. EQ is an outlier and is currently functioning like it was still the 1980s.

Message 18 of 38
CFM

I called Experian today and requested a early exclusion on my charge off's that are due to fall off at the end of this month. I also two collections that are due to fall off at the end of this month. They agreed to remove the charge off and collections and all but one inquire off my report. I do have some postive closed accounts average account age is over 8 years and got approved for a Discovered IT secured card. My fico is 590 and It will take a jump once the report fully updates. 

Message 19 of 38
Invictus2905
New Contributor

@CFM nice! Congrats and definitely let us know the jump you score has!! 

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.