Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is OpenSky forgiving?

tag
Randy2191
Valued Member

Is OpenSky forgiving?

We are working on rebuilding my wife's credit and one of her charge offs is $177 from OpenSky from 2020. 
I plan to pay that next week, but does anyone know if OpenSky is forgiving in the sense that after I pay that, if she applies right after for a new card would they approve it? 
If not does anyone know of another good secured card that doesn't do a credit check and will allow higher credit limits?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Is OpenSky forgiving?

Theres others out there with the same type of getting approved. They may not let you back in. Dont remember seeing once paid come on back. The CO will hurt if its fresh.

Message 2 of 6
Randy2191
Valued Member

Can you point me in the direction of the others that are good? 

Message 3 of 6
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Maybe Mission lane which has a pre-qual. Or go secured with US Bank. The newer CO mike be a sticking point.

Message 4 of 6
trader92

I had an Open Sky card with a $200 limit that went CO in 2020. In Oct 2022, I used the pre-approval with Discover IT and was pre-approved for the secured card. I had an option to deposit from $300-$1000 for my limit. Highly recommend especially because its a pre-approval and doesn't hurt your score. 

Message 5 of 6
Randy2191
Valued Member

The reason I'm looking for one that doesn't do a credit pull, is because she already has 5 on her credit from last year and year before. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.