Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Time My Only Option?

tag
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Is Time My Only Option?

Prior to my divorce in 2011, my credit was abolutely trashed, which is a big part of why the Ex is "the Ex," but that's another long story.  Anyway, since this time in 2011, I have maintained a perfect payment history and been working on fixing the damage done.  I have been able to get all the collection accounts removed by either PFD's or GW"s and established some positive TL's.

Current TL's:

Cap1 CC (opened January 2013)

Cap 1 CC (Opened March 2014)

Barclay CC (Opened March 2014)

Car Loan (Opened September 2014 - Only reports to TU)

Motorcycle Loan (Opened February 2014 - Only reports to TU).

Derogs:

Cap1 Auto Loan (3 Lates in early 2011 - two 30 day & one 60 day)

Installment Loan (3 Lates in 2009 & 2010 - two 30 day & one 60 day)

Mortgage (Deed in Lieu - DOFD June 2010)

Auto Loan (Charge-off - DOFD March 2009)

I've been trying to GW with all four but they just won't budge.  I'll ask for an early exlcusion from TU for the Auto Loan in few months and I'm hoping that will boost my TU score some, but not sure how much.  I know the late payments are still hurting me some, but supposedly they start losing their sting after two years or so, but I'm afraid my scores are still going to be tanked until the DIL drops in 2017.

Any advice for helping out my scores?

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is Time My Only Option?

If you cannot obtain the goodwill deletions of the derogs then your only friend will be time. The dropping of one should result in a few points but the biggest bump will come when the final derog is removed. Just keep up your GW letter campaign and I would be looking to bulk up your profile of current good revolvers.

Message 2 of 4
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

If you cannot obtain the goodwill deletions of the derogs then your only friend will be time. The dropping of one should result in a few points but the biggest bump will come when the final derog is removed. Just keep up your GW letter campaign and I would be looking to bulk up your profile of current good revolvers.

Thanks gdale6.  I have an prequalified offer from Chase for a Freedom card on my table at home.  I've just been debating whether it's worth the inquiry and hit to the AAOA.  What do you suggest for a good number of current revolvers?

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 3 of 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

There is no magic number one should have over the minimum of 3 bank and 1 store.

I have 19 open, 13 bank, 5 store, 1 gas. I would say what you feel you can comfortably manage would be your limit.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.