cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is TransUnion doing something different for disputes?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is TransUnion doing something different for disputes?

Let me explain...
Today I went to the TransUnion website to enter a dispute. I wasn't really disputing, just asking for an early exclusion of my last baddie which is a charge off. It said it was due to come off 01/2020 and I've had luck with them in the past. So I entered the dispute as old account and wrote in saying I was not disputing the account or charge off just simply asking for an early exclusion of the negative etc etc. It was not even 2minutes from when I submitted it, that I received an email saying that the dispute was resolved. I was shocked. Are they automating this now??? Granted they deleted the whole trade line but hey... I'm still happy it's off my report. I checked CK and they immediately sent alert that it was removed.

Now let's wait and see with Experian
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is TransUnion doing something different for disputes?

@Anonymous wrote:
Let me explain...
Today I went to the TransUnion website to enter a dispute. I wasn't really disputing, just asking for an early exclusion of my last baddie which is a charge off. It said it was due to come off 01/2019 and I've had luck with them in the past. So I entered the dispute as old account and wrote in saying I was not disputing the account or charge off just simply asking for an early exclusion of the negative etc etc. It was not even 2minutes from when I submitted it, that I received an email saying that the dispute was resolved. I was shocked. Are they automating this now??? Granted they deleted the whole trade line but hey... I'm still happy it's off my report. I checked CK and they immediately sent alert that it was removed.

No, EE is not automated, this site only promotes EE to be done by phone or mail as using the dispute process is only for correcting valid errors in credit reporting. I would not try same with EX and get a supervisor on the phone, they are not known to do so this far out typical 1-3 months out with them.

Message 2 of 6
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Let me explain...
Today I went to the TransUnion website to enter a dispute. I wasn't really disputing, just asking for an early exclusion of my last baddie which is a charge off. It said it was due to come off 01/2019 and I've had luck with them in the past. So I entered the dispute as old account and wrote in saying I was not disputing the account or charge off just simply asking for an early exclusion of the negative etc etc. It was not even 2minutes from when I submitted it, that I received an email saying that the dispute was resolved. I was shocked. Are they automating this now??? Granted they deleted the whole trade line but hey... I'm still happy it's off my report. I checked CK and they immediately sent alert that it was removed.

I am confused.  Was it supposed to come off in January 2019?  If so it was certainly not early.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The charge off negative reporting. The only negative that I have as a derogatory thing. With transunion you can ask for an EE 6 months prior to it hitting the 7 year mark. It would have been on my credit report 7 yrs on 01/2020.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've always done EE with transunion thru the dispute section. Last one I did was 6months ago for my chp 7 bk. But they always take about a week for me to remove since it has to be reviewed. I always call after to confirm. This time it did automatically within literally 1 minute.

Experian I do call and talk to a rep. My statement was referring to having the next baddie removed when it's time.

Equifax I'm just leaving alone all together. I won't dare request anything with them.
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

And my apologies. I meant 01/2020 not 2019.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.