Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is consolidating far fetched??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is consolidating far fetched??

I really wanna consolidate these CCs I have. I ask for 3500 in personal loan which can EASILY be paid off in 3 months tops. But I keep getting denied for a loan. It's getting frustrating with these and my student loans at once. Any options on consolidation? Or a place that'd take me, lowkey desperate. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
tmobileguy
New Contributor

Re: Is consolidating far fetched??

What is your middle credit score? What is the baddie from and can you get it removed? If you can get the baddie off (depending on what it is), your credit score should jump significantly and you could prob get that loan? Do you have anything you can use for collateral for a loan? House, car, etc etc?

If your credit score is low because of utilization then see if you can get your credit card companies to increase your limits to get it to go up. If you can pay it off in 3 months if you can consolidate then however bad the interest rate is, it wouldn't take more then 6 months to just pay them off and be done with them....Always make the minimum payments towards you lowest interest rate loans, and put everything else towards the highest interest stuff first...

Starting Score: EQ 575 EX 595 TR 524
Current Score: EQ 643 EX ??? TR 638
Goal Score: EQ 300 EX 300 TR 300

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 8
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I understand the fact you want these CCs paid, but if you could pay the loan off in 3 months, could you not pay the CCs off in that time period also?  Maybe start with the lowest one, pay it off, then roll that money onto the next one?

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

In 3 months ill have my tax return, so it'll be put towards paying it off. Otherwise, it'll take me longer. I just do not understand why they offer consolidation and reject people. I am very frustrated.

My lowest one is 500 and its down to 260. I have a close to maxed 1500 and 1000 however. I just want those paid down and out of sight.
Message 4 of 8
kjel
Established Contributor

If you plan to pay off the consolidation loan in three months, plan to pay of the credit cards in the same amount of time. Honestly, three month's wait really is not that long. Throw whatever extra cash you can at your lowest balance card for the time being to pay it down, if it's paid off before your refund comes in then pay that amount towards your next highest balance.

Current Score: TU: 674 | EQ: 722 | EX: 717 | Last Inq. 2/16/15...Locked Up in The Garden
NFCU Cash Rewards $14K | Chase Sapphire Preferred $5K | Amex Blue Cash Preferred $6K | Cap1 Quicksilver One Visa $9K

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess from my standpoint what you guys are suggesting is far-fetched. I will try it however. I just am slightly overwhelmed with those payments on top of my students Loans hence I was shooting for that loan Smiley Sad. College is such a drag
Message 6 of 8
Jutz
Valued Contributor

I think it was just more based on the idea that you had said you would be able to pay off the personal loan in three months. Since the APR of the personal loan would be at most 10% lower APR chances are the interest rate (the only reason to get a consolidation loan in the first place) wouldn't be different enough to alter your plans of paying the money off in three months anyway. 

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jutz wrote:

I think it was just more based on the idea that you had said you would be able to pay off the personal loan in three months. Since the APR of the personal loan would be at most 10% lower APR chances are the interest rate (the only reason to get a consolidation loan in the first place) wouldn't be different enough to alter your plans of paying the money off in three months anyway. 

+1 

Plus with your scores your loan would be in same range as CC. interest rates on personal loans arent that great right now... i work at a bank so i know

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.