Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is immediate news bad news?

tag
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

Is immediate news bad news?

I challenged 5 TL with Trans Union Friday afternoon and checked on it today to find that three are completed.  My score has not changed and I know the CRAs keep Monday-Friday banking hours, so wouldn't my score have been affected immediately?  Can I assume this is good news given that the action occurred within hours or could the CA have shot back an instant response against my dispute?  Sorry for the lack of patience but it is maddening in the beginning when waiting for some sign of hope in correcting my reports.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

Re: Is immediate news bad news?

bump please?

Message 2 of 11
baller4life
Super Contributor

Hard to tell. It's all electronic. So sometimes they just match data,ie your ss,address and do an auto confirmation. Sad back true. That's why many say it's best to do dispute through the mail because it forces them to manually verify the collections. If if does come back they were verified, you can always send a MOV letter to TU(method of validation) to request they provide to you how the verified the accounts.
Message 3 of 11
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

Thanks so much!  I was under the impression that an auto verification is less likely given all the new Gov. regs but I guess I will know tomorrow.  I wasn't sure whether individual items cleared would have an impact immediately or only when all disputes are wrapped up.  My thought was that if they had completed 3 out of 5, as is showing in the update area, then certainly I should have seen some change.  Perhaps score updating happens in something other then real time.

Message 4 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

When I disputed transunion, everything was on hold (they freeze scoring), until completion.  Patience is key, don't jump to conclusions, I saw a score bump when they were done.  However, in my other reports, with updated validation on another account, the score dropped.  It will be gone by January. And the score will go back again.

Signature needs updating
Message 5 of 11
mo6579
Contributor

@daddiggingout wrote:

Thanks so much!  I was under the impression that an auto verification is less likely given all the new Gov. regs but I guess I will know tomorrow.  I wasn't sure whether individual items cleared would have an impact immediately or only when all disputes are wrapped up.  My thought was that if they had completed 3 out of 5, as is showing in the update area, then certainly I should have seen some change.  Perhaps score updating happens in something other then real time.

If I remeber correctly, EX and TU don't update the TL until the entire dispute is completed. Hang in there. Also, I am a strong believer in online disputes, as I believe mail disputes are likely entered by a data-center who merely put the dispute in the computer the same as you would, but with their own interpretation of what you are disputing.

Current Fico08 TU:654 EX:641 EQ:650 (01/31/2015)
Current Fico04 TU:??? EX:695 EQ:675 (01/31/2015)
03/2013 - TU:567 EX:490 EQ:540
Message 6 of 11
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

Thanks everyone - I am thinking I need to take a couple days off as my patience is shot already and it is early in the game.  Have a good night.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

TU said that scoring isn't frozen when you have any open disputes. They said it doesn't affect you being scored.

I have been scored mutiple times with TU when I have had disputes open. 

If they do verify you can do like I have done and send in DV letters to the collection agencies directly.

Message 8 of 11
daddiggingout
Regular Contributor

TimoththyLee, were the TU scores in real time?  It show that 3 out of 5 TL have been investigated and completed but no score change at all.  Now this is only a day or so out, do you mean that the score changed immediately upon checking to see that an investigation was complete or simply sooner than it took for all changes to be made?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

One thing I learned from FICO - Point reductions are immediate, increases take a long time if ever. Several years ago I had a major derog put on my credit file in error (I was not the debtor). I discovered it because at the time I was monitoring my scores daily. I lost 100 points overnight. I contacted the creditor and gave them five days to remove the TL or get sued. I was in the process of buying a house and had the rejection letter in my hand stating that TL was the cause, so my actual damages would be in the 6-figure range. The creditor got the TL removed within a week, but I only got back 40 of the lost 100 points. Asa result of this I am convinced (and no amount of reassurance by Fair Isaac or anyone else will convince me otherwise) that the credit reports we see are not the same as what FICO or lenders see, even the reports we get from annualcreditreport.com.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.