Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it Wise to hire a lawyer

tag
Lurker22
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is it Wise to hire a lawyer

@DR527 wrote:

but how do I get it removed from my report?

it sounds like the entries on the report are valid, even though you weren't aware of the debt, I'd ask them to PFD/write a goodwill letter but I certainly wouldn't let your landlord off, I'd write him a demand letter and if he refuses take him to court

Message 11 of 15
DR527
Regular Contributor

Yeah I just got my email back from the CFPB about my complaint.

"We reviewed your complaint and weren't able to forward it to the company for a response either because the company is not on our complaint system, or because we do not currently handle complaints about this product or issue."

Does anyone know a good lawyer (mod cut-this cant be done here against forum rules for any recommendation). They mind PM me contact infromation on.  

Message 12 of 15
nax
Regular Contributor

I have a baddie from Verizon, I live in NY and an account was set up in VA in my name and somehow was ran up to over $5k. I’ve sent them proof beyond proof and they will not budge. I did try the CFPB and here is what I got... always YMMV but I’ve gotten no where with this fraud account and have turned it over to an attorney.

We are unable to send your complaint to the company for a response.
We reviewed your complaint and weren’t able to forward it to the company for a response either because the company is not on our complaint system, or because we do not currently handle complaints about this product or issue.
Message 13 of 15
DR527
Regular Contributor

Where I am in PA there aren't to many Credit repair lawyers. There aren't very many lawyers, but I'm ready to find one and fight this.

Message 14 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@DR527 wrote:

Where I am in PA there aren't to many Credit repair lawyers. There aren't very many lawyers, but I'm ready to find one and fight this.

A consumer law lawyer is who you need.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.