Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it too late to dispute?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it too late to dispute?

Hello,
I am new here and have been reading these forums for two days.  I have just now started checking my scores and there are lines that I want to dispute but I am not sure if I have waited too long. 

Here is my issue.  Back in college (2003) my check book was stolen and many bad checks were written.  I have a police report and affidavits for each check.   When I checked my report, EQ shows 3 of these checks were sent to a CA in 2006.  The totals on the checks and the OC match my affidavits.  Is it too late to dispute these????   I have never been to collections and was not notified of this until I checked my FICO score.

Any advise is much appreciated!!!!

Thanks! 
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is it too late to dispute?

Hi Mojo, welcome to the forums.

It is never too late to dispute anything that is not accurate on your CR!!!!

To the EQ......mail CMRRR  a dispute asking them to delete due to fraud.....send a copy of the police report.

At the same time I would send CMRRR  the same letter & copies of the police report  to the CA that is reporting.

Do not ever sign any letters going to the CA!!!  just type you name.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks HappyDays,
That is great news!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

I do have one more question though...there is no name provided for the CA on myFICO under the collection.  It is just a weird code, 606yc04204 to be specific.  How can I get an address for them?  I think that I read on a previos post that you could get that info from EQ.  Is that right?

Thanks and have a good weekend!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

MojoRisen wrote:
Thanks HappyDays,
That is great news!!!!!Smiley Very Happy

I do have one more question though...there is no name provided for the CA on myFICO under the collection.  It is just a weird code, 606yc04204 to be specific.  How can I get an address for them?  I think that I read on a previos post that you could get that info from EQ.  Is that right?

Thanks and have a good weekend!

You will get this info from your CR  IF you haven't pulled your free CR this year go to

You CR should have complete info.  account #  the CA name & address.      IF this is a medical collection it is NOT handled like other debts!!!     
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.