cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a difference between CITI and CITI Capital?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a difference between CITI and CITI Capital?

I am looking at my report and I see that a CA Commonwealth Financial is trying to collect on a debt from CITI Capital.  I have paid CITI bank on a charge off that I had, so I am not so sure where Commonwealth Financial is coming from.  CITI is reporting on my CR as being paid after the account was charged off.  This is supposed to go off my CR April of 2009.  I am not sure what to do.  Any advice please?  
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a difference between CITI and CITI Capital?

taste05 wrote:
I am looking at my report and I see that a CA Commonwealth Financial is trying to collect on a debt from CITI Capital.  I have paid CITI bank on a charge off that I had, so I am not so sure where Commonwealth Financial is coming from.  CITI is reporting on my CR as being paid after the account was charged off.  This is supposed to go off my CR April of 2009.  I am not sure what to do.  Any advice please?  

I'm not sure if the Citi's are related. Have you sent a DV to Commonwealth Financial to see who/what this is for? Do any of the date's and amounts match to that of Citi bank tl? 
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a difference between CITI and CITI Capital?

I have not sent a DV.  And the amounts are not the same, but very similiar.  CITI was $557 and Commonwealth Financial is $546.  So I am not sure.  I guess I need to read about DVing.  Thanks. 
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.