cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a way to know what my highest score ever was?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a way to know what my highest score ever was?

I’m new to monitoring my credit after realizing a massive reporting error on behalf of my student loan servicer, and a failure on my part to realize this. Essentially they mis-reported my loans as having missed after they approved a deferment which led to a default. They have acknowledged that this is an error so I’m hoping it will have a quick resolution. This = 130 late payments and 10 collections, within the last 13 months. I’m working on getting this corrected!

Since checking my report I have seen two things I’m fixing this week also with a PFD (each 2-3 years old).

So my question is is there a way to find out what my credit score was at so I know what I might be working with once I get this issue with the student loans resolved? My current FICO 8 range is 589-598. I anticipate there will be an improvement but I just wonder if there is a way to know where I used to stand.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: Is there a way to know what my highest score ever was?

If you've never checked before, and are talking about what your credit score was in the past, no. The only way to look at past scores is if you have a CC that provides free Fico score or subscription to CMS. 

In a nushell, score is calculated when requested either by lender or yourself (SP credit monitoring services). 

Once you sign up, past scores (from that day) will be available to you. 

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there a way to know what my highest score ever was?

Ah, makes sense. Thank you!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.