cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there an agency that can negotiate collections that did not clear thru discharge of a BK?

tag
tehdrizzle
New Contributor

Is there an agency that can negotiate collections that did not clear thru discharge of a BK?

Is there any type of agency or program I can take advantage of that can get collections that are still showing on my report removed?  I have 14 collections/negative items on my report and just got popped with a 14th today that claims I still owe a balance which was also included in the chapter 13 discharge.  I do not have the time, nor patience to deal with "good will" letters as I am very busy between work and my personal life for the next year at least.  Will going through and filing them all as a dispute and included in the chapter 13 discharge get them removed or do I need to hire an attorney, etc to do the heavy lifting.  Money is not an issue so I can pay whatever is needed to get these removed, but I'm also happy to wait another 4 years for them to drop off per the 7 year rule.  We will just use my Wife's credit for the next 4-5 years, and I'll decide if I want to rebuild once everything falls off at that time.

Any thoughts from the community?

3 REPLIES 3
joltdude
Senior Contributor

Re: Is there an agency that can negotiate collections that did not clear thru discharge of a BK?

-Deleted-

Message 2 of 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Is there an agency that can negotiate collections that did not clear thru discharge of a BK?

I don't know about any agencies, but I'd definitely look into at least consulting with a lawyer.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 4
daveg38
Established Contributor

You shouldn't have to do too much more than show the CA your BK petition. The automatic stay protects you from garnishment and collection activity.

Just so you know, judges do NOT take violations of the automatic stay kindly. Attempting to collect debt when the CA knows you are protected by the automatic stay is grounds for a hefty fine.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.