Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there hope after Foreclosure?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there hope after Foreclosure?

I am hoping for some advice on how to begin preparing for (hopefully) future homeownership and a life after the foreclosure that has been crippling my credit score and options for the past three years.  The long story short is that during a terrible divorce my ex did not refinance the house to get my name off it nor did he pay as required.  The house went to foreclosure in July 2017.  My ex also has not been paying on our parent plus student loans for our son's college or Federal taxes as a result of him taking money out of his 401k during our seperation and then the taxes from the foreclosure.  I just want to move on to once again have good credit and move beyond the shame associated with foreclosure and bad credit.

My question is what are the best ways to attack this so homeownership can again be in my future?  I have opened new credit in my name only, purchased a vehicle and ensured everything is paid early.  My score has not improved with these actions.  I know mortgage companies will still view me as questionable, even once the foreclosure is off my credit, since I will still be required to disclose it on a mortgage application.  Due to that I want to ensure everything else is as pristine as possible so I may, one day, be approved.  Any help or suggestions to get my score moving in the right direction would be so much appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Re: Is there hope after Foreclosure?

I can't say what to or not to shoot for as far as Foreclosure goes, but I can say this there is always a silver lining and there is hope for you!!!     Keep your head up it seems like you are heading in the right direction and maybe someone with that experience will chime in to help you speed it up, but again Stay Strong and Hopeful    (Glass half full)    Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.