cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there something I can do about this late mark?

tag
Wizard10
Contributor

Is there something I can do about this late mark?

So in trying to clean up my credit as I’ve said here numerous of times, it’s going well btw. I have 2 late patents on my account one being from last nov a 30 day late from fingerhut who is unwilling to let me good will that away. 

The second is an old US bank card I had in 2013 which has 120 day late then a few on time payments before the account was closed. Is there anything I should do about this? Good will? Or leave it be?26A5646F-B8B2-4273-95D9-BCB0C44079D5.jpeg

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there something I can do about this late mark?

Goodwill is always an option. Try it and see, maybe they’ll grant it.
Message 2 of 6
Wizard10
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Goodwill is always an option. Try it and see, maybe they’ll grant it.

Try and goodwill the late marks correct? 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct. You want to keep the account history for aging purposes, but if you can convince them to remove the late notations and replace them with “no data” it should help your scores.
Message 4 of 6
Wizard10
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Correct. You want to keep the account history for aging purposes, but if you can convince them to remove the late notations and replace them with “no data” it should help your scores.

Thanks I just found their emails. I start by emailing the first person and seeing what kind of traction I get. Thanks for your help 

Message 5 of 6
Wizard10
Contributor

Got the ball rolling. Sent out an email and got a response asking for a bit more information to identify my account. I hope this ends well. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.