cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there something I'm not being told?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is there something I'm not being told?

@thornback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for you quick response.

1. TRANS: 597, EQ: 702, EXP: 748. According to myequifax.com and experian app. TransUnion was given by Credit Karma.

2. 4 accounts in total. A paid off student loan, a paid off car loan, ATT Accound which was paid off, and an open PayPal cashback mastercard (but they dont report to credit bureaus)

3. It has not been updated as to my understanding, I tried to call several times to TransUnion but nobody every picked up, and EQ told me to do it via their website, which I did.

You really need to get your 3 FICO scores.   

The Experian score you have is your Experian FICO 8 score -- so that's good (good score too).

The Equifax score you have from the myEquifax service is not a FICO score -- it is a score based on the Equifax scoring model that absolutely no lender uses to make credit decisions. 

The Transunion score from Credit Karma is your Vantage 3 score - which is a scoring model also not used widely by lenders.   

The overwhelming majority of lenders use FICO to make credit decisions -- you need to know where you stand, scorewise, for all 3 bureaus.   

You can use your current Experian membership and sign up for the free CreditWorks Premium 7-daytrial -- that will give you all 3 FICO scores (and reports).   You can then cancel before the trial ends if you do not want the monthly CreditWorks Premium service ($24.99). https://www.experian.com/consumer-products/compare-credit-report-and-score-products.html

As for the collection -- you can also file a dispute online with Transunion so they can update the collection to reflect its paid status.  You will be able to upload any documents you have as proof -  no need to speak to them on the phone. 

You have a solid loan history so that's good.   The fact that you have no active, open accounts and no history of revolving credit card accounts is a hinderance.   Do you have a primary banking institution (if so, who)?  Sometimes, when trying to establish credit, doing so via an institution with whom you already have an established relationship is a bit easier.   

Can you get your other FICO scores and report back please?   I'm trying to figure out why Disco declined you for their secured card. 

@thornback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for you quick response.

1. TRANS: 597, EQ: 702, EXP: 748. According to myequifax.com and experian app. TransUnion was given by Credit Karma.

2. 4 accounts in total. A paid off student loan, a paid off car loan, ATT Accound which was paid off, and an open PayPal cashback mastercard (but they dont report to credit bureaus)

3. It has not been updated as to my understanding, I tried to call several times to TransUnion but nobody every picked up, and EQ told me to do it via their website, which I did.

You really need to get your 3 FICO scores.   

The Experian score you have is your Experian FICO 8 score -- so that's good (good score too).

The Equifax score you have from the myEquifax service is not a FICO score -- it is a score based on the Equifax scoring model that absolutely no lender uses to make credit decisions. 

The Transunion score from Credit Karma is your Vantage 3 score - which is a scoring model also not used widely by lenders.   

The overwhelming majority of lenders use FICO to make credit decisions -- you need to know where you stand, scorewise, for all 3 bureaus.   

You can use your current Experian membership and sign up for the free CreditWorks Premium 7-daytrial -- that will give you all 3 FICO scores (and reports).   You can then cancel before the trial ends if you do not want the monthly CreditWorks Premium service ($24.99). https://www.experian.com/consumer-products/compare-credit-report-and-score-products.html

As for the collection -- you can also file a dispute online with Transunion so they can update the collection to reflect its paid status.  You will be able to upload any documents you have as proof -  no need to speak to them on the phone. 

You have a solid loan history so that's good.   The fact that you have no active, open accounts and no history of revolving credit card accounts is a hinderance.   Do you have a primary banking institution (if so, who)?  Sometimes, when trying to establish credit, doing so via an institution with whom you already have an established relationship is a bit easier.   

Can you get your other FICO scores and report back please?   I'm trying to figure out why Disco declined you for their secured card. 

I just did and it says "sorry we cant show you today's 3 credit bureaus report. This might mean that EQ has no record of your credit history, or different personal details for you on file. Until this issue is resolved, you wont be able to see your report."

Message 41 of 44
thornback
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I just did and it says "sorry we cant show you today's 3 credit bureaus report. This might mean that EQ has no record of your credit history, or different personal details for you on file. Until this issue is resolved, you wont be able to see your report."

Were you ever able to pull your reports from annualcreditreport.com as suggested in an older response from @Anonymous ?

You have a myEquifax account, correct?  Are you able to view your full EQ report there? 

Discover pulls from EQ usually - if they were unable to pull your report - that would be a reason for decline.

Seems like there may still an information problem with Equifax that needs to be resolved. 

Personal Aphorism:"Forget What You Feel, Remember What You Deserve"
Starting FICO 8s | 09/2017: EX 641 ✦ EQ 634 ✦ TU 647
Current FICO 8s | 04/2022: EX 796 ✦ EQ 793 ✦ TU 790
Current FICO 9s | 04/2022: EX 790 ✦ EQ 788 ✦ TU 782
2022 Goal Score | 800s

My AAoA:
4.6 years not incl. AU / 4.9 years incl. AU
My AoOA: 9.2 years not incl. AU / 11.2 years incl. AU
Inquiries: EX 0/12 ✦ EQ 0/12 ✦ TU 0/12
Report Status: Clean
Garden Status:  

Without patience, we will learn less in life. We will see less. We will feel less. We will hear less. Ironically, rush and more usually mean less.
Message 42 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Were you ever able to pull your reports from annualcreditreport.com as suggested in an older response from @Anonymous ?

You have a myEquifax account, correct?  Are you able to view your full EQ report there? 

Discover pulls from EQ usually - if they were unable to pull your report - that would be a reason for decline.

Seems like there may still an information problem with Equifax that needs to be resolved. 

"Were you ever able to pull your reports from annualcreditreport.com as suggested in an older response from @Anonymous ?" - Yes I did

"You have a myEquifax account, correct?  Are you able to view your full EQ report there?" - Yes, thats where I get my EQ score.

"Seems like there may still an information problem with Equifax that needs to be resolved." - Any idea on what info might be missing? I mean I've tried all I could do.

Message 43 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thornback wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Were you ever able to pull your reports from annualcreditreport.com as suggested in an older response from @Anonymous ? - Yes I did. 

You have a myEquifax account, correct?  Are you able to view your full EQ report there?  - Yes I can 

Discover pulls from EQ usually - if they were unable to pull your report - that would be a reason for decline. - So what would you recommend me to do?

Message 44 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.