cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this CA hurting my scores?

Highlighted
Valued Member

Is this CA hurting my scores?

I have a CA with Simm Associates that was paid in full/closed in 2016. According to CK this is not a baddie on my credit score?

Account is closed, paid in full, no comments or anything left on my CR other than paid in full.

I am just confused as I know it takes 7yrs to fall off, but CK has it listed as "neutral" and not hurting my CS. Should I still try to send a GWL to have the account removed?

Road to recovery started 7/2018

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY
New Contributor

Re: Is this CA hurting my scores?

@credithelpinGA wrote:
I have a CA with Simm Associates that was paid in full/closed in 2016. According to CK this is not a baddie on my credit score?

Account is closed, paid in full, no comments or anything left on my CR other than paid in full.

I am just confused as I know it takes 7yrs to fall off, but CK has it listed as "neutral" and not hurting my CS. Should I still try to send a GWL to have the account removed?

It is "neutral" because the damage is done when the collection account hits your CR initially (2016 or prior). It is good that you PIF because that looks good to other potential creditors even if it is still showing on your CR as you did take care of the account/your obligation/the goods or services you benefitted from. You would absolutely yes want to begin the GWL to have it removed entirely if possible. Then it looks like it never even happened. Even if it isn't possible to be removed (some CA will not do it no matter what), the effects on scoring decrease with time and more so with it being paid because then it is not updating every month in a delinquency status. Way to go Smiley Happy

FICO 8

Message 2 of 2