Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a CA being clever?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a CA being clever?

Since I started the rebuild process 3 weeks ago, CAs have been calling. Have been letting the calls go to voicemail.  No I am getting a message about every other day that goes pretty much like this,
" Hello this is so and so with GSI(I think that is what she is saying). I am calling about your credit card debt and the high interest you are paying. I have your record in out database and I think we can help you get from under that high interest. .........."

Now the only CC I have right now is a Rewards 660 that hasn't even arrived yet.

Is this a CA just trying to be clever and get me on the phone?

Message Edited by richmc on 07-16-2008 06:23 PM
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this a CA being clever?

GSI is the name of a CA.

I would google the phone number or go to http://www.whitepages.com/10866/reverse_phone

and look it up.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

But I take it that CAs do use these kind of tactics?
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They will try anything!

Is this CA listed on you CR?
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it is not on any of three

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it were me I would ignore them.     They should mail a letter soon. The law states that after they contact you by phone which means they had to have talked to you.  They must send a letter within 5 days....they can not report until you get a letter....now most just start reporting without talking to you or sending a letter.

You can also send them a letter CMRRR  just telling them NO phone calls  contact you in writting ONLY.

I would not DV  until you get a letter or they report.
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is a scam-

Add phone numbers to Do not call list and file complaints

richmc wrote:
Since I started the rebuild process 3 weeks ago, CAs have been calling. Have been letting the calls go to voicemail.  No I am getting a message about every other day that goes pretty much like this,
" Hello this is so and so with GSI(I think that is what she is saying). I am calling about your credit card debt and the high interest you are paying. I have your record in out database and I think we can help you get from under that high interest. .........."

Message 7 of 12
FICOMari
Regular Contributor

Seems like they are trying to pull one over on you.  Speaking of clever tactics, I had one creditor send me a letter stating I was PRE-APPROVED for their Visa Credit Card and how they would transfer the debt I owed to the CC and while I made monthly payments it would help me build my credit.  What a joke!  I have been lurking the forums for about 2 weeks now and I have LEARNED so much!! I have made some attempts to correct my CB reports by paying my old debts and now I realize that it was detrimental and costly mistake because I could have tried to PFD those accounts!!! 
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I never answered.  If a number comes up in caller ID that i do not know I let it go to voice mail. Still getting the call about once a week.
Message 9 of 12
Ceejay1978
Regular Contributor

richmc wrote:

Its a sales call.   I get them at my work number.   Ignore them!
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.