Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a bad idea?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this a bad idea?

I don't believe I've mentioned this before. I've owned 2 homes, both in MA. The 2nd was from 2004-2006 I believe. I had a 2nd mortgage that is still showing on my report as open, but with no balance. I've read that people have trouble getting mortgages if they have open on their reports. Obviously, I'm sure I can prove I don't own the house anymore next June when I go get my mortage if needed. I called the 2nd mort. holder about a month ago to ask them to update the report. The lady I spoke to said they would but it hasn't been done yet or hasn't been updated with the bureau. It is only reporting on Equifax also. I'd asked that she report to all three but I have no idea what was done.

I have one dispute from TU I'm waiting on because NCO was reporting incorrectly after I'd paid and I don't wanna flag anything by disputing too much but I also don't want to have incorrect items on my report and in my mind, having this state open on a house I've not lived in in 2 years is wrong. I don't want it deleted but if it is, I can live with it.

After that, other than this account reporting incorrectly, I only have one other bad collection I'm debating disputing, or I'll wait another 4-5 months or so for it to fall off. Haven't decided yet, and that's in another thread.

As far as I remember, I've only disputed maybe one other time this year directly with the bureus.Knowing that I just disputed duplicate accounts with Equifax and am waiting until 8/31 for the TU dispute to finish, should I give this until the end of Aug or Sept and try again so it's either on and closed or off before I get the mortgage in June, should I leave it alone until the LO tells me to get it dealt with or try to call the company directly again? I don't want to do anything wrong, I just want my report as clean and accurate as possible. Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this a bad idea?

As far as disputing too much......from what you've said, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

I would give the account until the end of the month to update.

After that I would call again and maybe send a letter.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Is this a bad idea?

Thanks! Will do.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.