Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a good idea?

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Is this a good idea?

Allowing a small balance to report demonstrates to FICO scoring that you know how to use credit responsibly. Carrying a $0 balance demonstrates to FICO scoring that you are afraid of your credit.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok thanks for helping me as you can see im just now trying to rebuild my credit and i just needed a little bit of advice. do you have credit cards? how much do u charge a month? ty
Message 12 of 14
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

I do. I have started my rebuild recently as well and have obtained three CCs to date. I want one or two more and that's enough for me. I charge everything and then pay it off several times per month. I will use up to my limit and pay off to $0 and then repeat the process once or twice more during the month. I would say about $3000. However, I am now very careful about uti %. I just let 5% report and received a 71 point increase to 790 on EQ this month.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 846
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow congrats on that your almost in the 800's you should be able to get anything now, i cant wait to see my scores up that high mine are actually lower now cause i went on an application spree, but hopefully with this card i can build my credit and be in the 700's real soon
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.