cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this a pay for delete offer?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure

Is this a pay for delete offer?

I have a collection account with portfolio recovery. I got a notice in the mail today for pay off options over a 6 month period. Under the pay off options it says within 30 days of the last payment we will contact the 3 credit bureaus and request our trade line be deleted. Is that a pay for delete offer from them?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Established Contributor

Re: Is this a pay for delete offer?

@abbym231 wrote:
I have a collection account with portfolio recovery. I got a notice in the mail today for pay off options over a 6 month period. Under the pay off options it says within 30 days of the last payment we will contact the 3 credit bureaus and request our trade line be deleted. Is that a pay for delete offer from them?

Yes they do delete 30 days after the payment is processed. I dealt with them personally and they do what it says on their website and delete with no problem. They have many many many threads on here regarding portfolio delete their tradeline and I did settle the account they deleted so pay and get it over with so thats one less thing to worry about.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.