Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this hurting my score?

tag
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Is this hurting my score?

I have been watching SW on when my cc report but what I noticed is that none of my cc on SW shows the CL. They show the amount reported. Does this hurt our score?  I know that when his card reported a $27 from a $7 dollar balance the month prior I lost some points. Even though I am still in less than 7% uti. I can't understand how this works. Also we have a store credit card with a $5k cl and it has a zero balance but last time we used it was 2008. Is that hurting us as well.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Is this hurting my score?

All cards should report a CL unless they are No Preset Spending Limit Cards.   If there is no CL reported FICO uses the highest balance which could make your utilization higher.

Yes, you should use that one card every now and then to keep the CCC from closing it.

Message 2 of 9
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

This is what each of my cards say every time month...
Balance:$55Credit limit or largest balance:Not Reported
Past due:Not ReportedPayment terms:Not Reported
Portfolio type:Revolving or Option  
Description:

Message 3 of 9
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

guiness56 wrote

Yes, you should use that one card every now and then to keep the CCC from closing it.

It stills update monthly....

Message 4 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Message 5 of 9
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

Im getting my reports from SW on here.

Message 6 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Get one from annualcreditreport.com or directly from the CRA.  They are more accurate and detailed.

Message 7 of 9
swtneka
Frequent Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

Get one from annualcreditreport.com or directly from the CRA.  They are more accurate and detailed.

U r right i just checked the reports and they are reporting all the info... Thanks!

Message 8 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.