Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this right?

tag
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Re: Is this right?

According to FreeCreditReport.com, it was last updated on July 2011 so I don't know.  The CA is claiming that the only update they submitted is the PIF which it could take the CRA 45-60 days to catch up with, which I don't buy for a minute.  At least in my somewhat limited experience, the CRA don't 1/2 update a record.

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 11 of 15
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Well, I guess the way I have to look at things is this was my last out-standing debt.  It can only get better from here.  Just kinda bittersweet to get dinged again for doing the right thing and paying off my debts...and even the debts that belong to the Ex-wife.

Also kinda sucks that CA's want to treat you like dirt when they don't even know your situation.  Yes, I'm sure they get there share of people just trying to get out of their obligations, but that's not an excuse for treating people that just got caught up in a bad situation like a criminal.

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 12 of 15
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

For what it's worth, I ended up filing a complaint with the BBB.  Since I had a agreement letter from the CA stating that they would report my accout PIF if I paid $775 within 30, there was absolutely no reason to report a $1 balance increase or any status other then PIF.  The CA responded immediately was some garbage about the payment still being processed by the bank at the time they reported it and that they put through a manual request to show it PIF.  

I have 10 days to respond to the BBB as to whether I accept their response or not.  Do I have any grounds to reject the response based on the the fact that a balance increase never should have been reported as it served no purpose other than making it look like a fresh derogitorty and ask for complete deletion again?

Message 13 of 15
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Some CAs won't update to paid until the check/debit clears their bank. 

So, yes, it seems feasible they were already updating the CRAs as they normally do waiting for the money to clear.

Message 14 of 15
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Well, I just rechecked my scores and the CA reported the closed date as being back in 2011 instead of last week.  It actually raised my scores some.  I assume because of the reaging of the close date?

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.