Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues With First Premier

tag
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Issues With First Premier

I agree that if they still own the debt, and only assigned collection authority to a debt collector, then you still have a delinquent balance each month, and they can continue to accurately report as such, as well as continued delinquencies, until the debt is either paid or sold.

They can choose to report delinquency status either as days delinquent (e.g., 150-late or 180-late), OR as CO if the debt has also been charged off.  CO is a legit delinquency reporting status, either as the current status or as prior monthly payment history profile reporting.

As for an original creditor being exempt from any requirement to verify the debt, that is not correct PROVIDED you have filed a dispute under the FCRA.

While they can decline to verify in an informal request, if you file a formal dispute under the FCRA, the CRA must forward them a copy of the dispute, and the creditor must investigate and either verify the accuracy as reported, correct any finding of inaccuracy, or delete the inaccurate reporting.

Verification is made back to the CRA with whom the dispute is filed, and not directly to you, the consumer, unless you choose to file a direct dispute under FCRA 623(a)(8).  Creditor response to a direct dispute is sent directly to the consumer, and not to the CRA.

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

All of you were right. I called and found out that another company has it and I set up a payment. Maybe this was a blessing in disguise because maybe my status with them can change from delinquent to current. I'm totally fine with paying if it means better creditSmiley LOL

Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here's my issue:

I paid my debt with first premier. The problem is that the reporting is still incorrect and idk if I can dispute now that I have paid.

Experian shows 12 90 day late payments, Equifax shows 22 90 day late payments, and Transunion shows 0 late payments. The account was open for 6 months. I'm so over this. Any advice?

Message 13 of 18
Calijen37
Established Member

I just had the same thing happen to me. I had a First Premier cc and it got charged off, however I paid the balance through a settlement with the collection agency. It's been reporting all this time as $0 balance and paid. Now I just received notice through my credit monitoring service that they have reported a entire new FP account on my Transunion credit report. I'm so tired of FP. Now I'm gonna need to go through the CFPB to get them deleted once and for all. 

Message 14 of 18
daveg38
Established Contributor

Seems the CFPB has lost its luster anymore. Complaints I have filed with them have not rendered much, especially when I complain about the CRAs.

Ch7 Discharge: 5/14/2016 | Target RedCard $900 | Merrick DYL $500
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Calijen37 wrote:

I just had the same thing happen to me. I had a First Premier cc and it got charged off, however I paid the balance through a settlement with the collection agency. It's been reporting all this time as $0 balance and paid. Now I just received notice through my credit monitoring service that they have reported a entire new FP account on my Transunion credit report. I'm so tired of FP. Now I'm gonna need to go through the CFPB to get them deleted once and for all. 

I don't know what First Premier is doing. The same thing happened on my credit report but I don't think it actually affected my score or anything. Then they randomly sent me a letter recently asking me to send them my credit report with the issues highlighted so they could fix it. I'll pass. Now that my debt to them is paid I just want them to go away. 

Message 16 of 18
Calijen37
Established Member

I heard other folks having luck through the BBB. Have you tried them as well? Good luck! 

Message 17 of 18
Calijen37
Established Member

I just received a letter from them, but of course it got sent to my first premier account that I no longer have access to due to it no longer being active. I'm not sure why they didn't mail it to me via postal mail. I have no clue what they are doing, but it's really annoying. I'll update here with any updates on my situation in the hopes that it'll help someone. 

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.