Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's been a whirlwind

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's been a whirlwind

My rebuild started in Mar 2018 with scores in the low 600's and 2 collections on file (1 was removed last month), no mortage, no credit cards, no car or other personal loans.  Discover secured was a great start, followed by Kohl's in May and QS1 in June. 

On Sept 17 I found myFico and scores were 663-664-656 so what I did do? Went on an app spree, which I partially regret because a few moves weren't well thought out in advance. 

Fast forward to Dec 17, I acquired 6 cards and a personal loan since Sept 17 - yikes!  My scores today are 617-680-644,  below are all cards.  Total utilization is 7%, I'm a heavy user of Disco and Chase Prime.  I wouldn't say I'm intentionally trying AZEO rather I want to use the cards but try to PIF so not to pay interest when it's not necessary.  I do carry a small balance on Disco and Chase to show responsibility but payoff before the due date.

Discover ($2K) unsecured at the 7th statement

Kohls ($700) $400 CLI since May

QS1 ($500) $200 CLI since Jun

Chase Prime ($4k)

Amex Delta Gold ($1k)

Overstock ($1,800k) $800 CLI since Sept

PayPal Mastercard ($700)

Cap One Platinum ($300)

Ann Taylor ($300)

Personal loan $10k

Overall, I think my scores are pretty good considering I opened a total of 9 cards within 8 months and obtained a personal loan.  EQ isn't updating timely and my score is artifically low for that reason.  Any feedback on if there is something I should do differently in hopes Disco and Chase Prime receive CLIs?  I obtained AMEX for the Delta points bonus which I just received so I really don't have a need for that card and it's likely not going to grow much, from what I've read.  I'm clearly in the garden now, even if I didn't want to be pretty sure I can't get a penny in new credit for the next 6-12 months!

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: It's been a whirlwind

Well congrats on your approvals. Yes the doors are open for you over at the garden. No more apps and its time to let them grow for a while. CLI's might be slow. That is a lot in a short period. Use them wisely and keep util low. Your being tested now on how you can handle your credit with these companies. Foundation is built. Now its time to age them accounts.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.