Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It's my "myfico" birthday!

tag
trix_r_4_kids
Regular Contributor

It's my "myfico" birthday!

It has been exactly one year since I joined this wonderful community!  Since then, I have spent 150,898 minutes on the forum -- this translates to almost 2,515 hours.  I have read 129,326 messages, started 16 topics, and made 134 replies.

While I no doubt have gleaned more knowledge than I have provided, the things I have learned since joining have been priceless.  I have successfully rehabbed my student loans, received my first credit card that I have had in years, learned about the value of the Walmart card, gotten a few other store cards, negotiated PFDs, sent countless GWs, found and corrected an incorrectly reported tax lien, and set a firm foundation for building knowledge in regard to my credit.

A year ago, I joined with the goal of financing a home for my family.  At the risk of jinxing the whole thing, I am proud to say that we are currently under contract on our dream home with the hopes of closing by the end of May.

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who contributes so positively to not only my success, but to the success of everyone on the forum!!!

I used to post my scores here. However, I'm prone to motion sickness and the ups and downs were nauseating.
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: It's my "myfico" birthday!

Message 2 of 7
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

It is quite the journey and learning experience.

Congratulations on the new home.  You are living the dream I have in 6-9 months.Woman Embarassed

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 3 of 7
asphaltcowboy
Valued Contributor

Happy Birthday, Cograts and Good LuckSmiley Happy

Starting Score TU 667 EQ 663 EX 655
Current Score TU 778 EQ 776 EX 781 Last Update 4/2016
Garden Club 04/10/2013
Message 4 of 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Happy MyFico birthday and best wishes

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 7
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@trix_r_4_kids wrote:

It has been exactly one year since I joined this wonderful community!  Since then, I have spent 150,898 minutes on the forum -- this translates to almost 2,515 hours.  I have read 129,326 messages, started 16 topics, and made 134 replies.

While I no doubt have gleaned more knowledge than I have provided, the things I have learned since joining have been priceless.  I have successfully rehabbed my student loans, received my first credit card that I have had in years, learned about the value of the Walmart card, gotten a few other store cards, negotiated PFDs, sent countless GWs, found and corrected an incorrectly reported tax lien, and set a firm foundation for building knowledge in regard to my credit.

A year ago, I joined with the goal of financing a home for my family.  At the risk of jinxing the whole thing, I am proud to say that we are currently under contract on our dream home with the hopes of closing by the end of May.

A huge THANK YOU to everyone who contributes so positively to not only my success, but to the success of everyone on the forum!!!

Your post made me realize I just missed my TWO year anniversary here! Smiley Happy

Yeah == Pretty much everything I have positive in my life right now has to do with this forum ha -- I couldn't afford my house or my wedding had I not come here first lol

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 6 of 7
CashOnDelivery
Established Contributor

These are all good stories to hear. It gives people who are currently in a not so good situation hope.

2010: 475 EQ 2011: 503 EQ 2012: 600 EQ2013:632 EQ
Starting Score: 634 EQ-3/13/13
Current Score: 706 EQ-8/29/13 703 EX-7/12/13 705 TU-8/9/13
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.