Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Its been 30 days + the extra 5

tag
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

Its been 30 days + the extra 5

I sent two dispute letters on 6-27-08, and I have yet to get a response from one, TU.  Today is the 35th day so I should have heard back from them.  The major thing I am worried about is I did not mail it CMRRR (mailed it before I read to only send them CMRRR).  The items that I am disputing is a collection account so I really need/want it removed. 

What should be my next step since I didn't mail it CMRRR?

FYI, I disputed this through TU so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Message Edited by BGMWPD320 on 08-01-2008 01:58 PM
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Its been 30 days + the extra 5

If it were me, I would call them to make sure that they got the dispute.  If they did, I would ask them when I should expect the results.  The people at TU have always been helpful to me.  If they didn't get it, I would send another CMRRR.
Message 2 of 11
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

I know they got it because on my CR it is reporting as being disputed.
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Then I would just call them and ask when to expect the results.
Message 4 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

They have up to 45 days. If info comes into them at or near the 30th day, then under the FCRA they have an additional 15 days. Don't call them, or it will take the full 45 days.  And yes, always mail everything to the CRAs CMRRR.
Message 5 of 11
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

Today is the 50th day and it is still showing as "Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements".  Now that the 45 days have passed what should I do?
Message 6 of 11
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

BGMWPD320 wrote:
Today is the 50th day and it is still showing as "Account information disputed by consumer, meets FCRA requirements".  Now that the 45 days have passed what should I do?

I would now call to check up on the status of the dispute.
Message 7 of 11
BGMWPD320
Regular Contributor

I called a few numbers I found but they are not open today.  I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to call them back.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

BGMWPD320 wrote:

This does not indicate it is under dispute.

This indicates it WAS disputed, verified, and you still disagree. I'm not sure exactly how it gets placed in comments, I have a couple on my CRs. But I am sure there is a different phrase WHILE an item is under dispute.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

gordonbs wrote:

BGMWPD320 wrote:

This does not indicate it is under dispute.

This indicates it WAS disputed, verified, and you still disagree. I'm not sure exactly how it gets placed in comments, I have a couple on my CRs. But I am sure there is a different phrase WHILE an item is under dispute.

No, that is TU standard comment for a disputed account as far as I know. I disputed one online(time isn't up yet) and it shows the dispute still in progress, but has had that comment since day 1 on the TL.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.