Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JCS LLC sent account to Commonwealth Financial Systems Inc

tag
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

JCS LLC sent account to Commonwealth Financial Systems Inc

It looks like JCS may have sent my account to Commonwealth Financial Systems Inc.

The letter states:

Please be advised that your account has been placed with Commonwealth Financial Systems by Jefferson Capital Systems LLC, to purchase a of the above reference account.

We are offering a 50% discount to resolve this account for less than the full amount due.

The legal time limit (statue of limitations) for suing to collect this debt has expired.

Do anyone know about this collection agency, are they legit? Do anyone know if they accept PFD, I want this off my reports/records.

Can anyone please HELP!

Starting Score: 525
Current Score:EX 685 TU 680 EQ 735
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Jefferson Capital Systems LLC sent account to Commonwealth Financial Systems Inc

@ReEducationOfAnEgoiste wrote:
It looks like JCS may have sent my account to Commonwealth Financial Systems Inc.

The letter states:

Please be advised that your account has been placed with Commonwealth financial systems by Jefferson capital systems LLC, to purchase a of the above reference account.
We are offering a 50% discount to resolve this account for less than the full amount due.
The legal time limit (statue of limitations) for suing to collect this debt has expired.

Do anyone know about this collection agency, are they legit? Do anyone know if they accept PFD, I want this off my reports/records.
Can anyone please HELP!

Both of these are legit. JCS is a junk debt buyer and Commonwealth a CA. You want to offer the PFD to whomever is reporting on your CR. Another thing to consider is how much longer it has to run on your CR before it cannot be reported anymore as it can be settled for even less after it passes CRTP too.

Message 2 of 6
yougoglencoco
Valued Member

Re: Jefferson Capital Systems LLC sent account to Commonwealth Financial Systems Inc

Jefferson Capital states on their website they will delete after PIF or settlement agreement is paid.

Message 3 of 6
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

Thank you for the information, but what I need to know is do Commonwealth Financial Systems take PFDs.

Message 4 of 6
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

I would try that way if anyone else has them you would help them know it. It never hurts to try.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 5 of 6
ReEducationOfAnEgoiste
New Contributor

Yes, I agree that I should try and see what happens.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.