Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JH Debt Portfolio Equities

tag
DarkMoonLily
Frequent Contributor

JH Debt Portfolio Equities

Hi, it's me again. Has anyone had a debt owned by this company? I would like to pay the debt but for the life of me I cannot get ahold of them and reading about them online, it seems like I'm not the only one. I recognize the debt so it is a valid debt.... My question is, if you have had a debt owned by them, have you had any success contacting them and resolving the debt? After reading all the horror stories of them, I am tempted to dispute and see what happens... i just want to pay it and get it off my credit report....

2019 Goals: Garden and Clean up Credit Reports!!!
2020 Goals: Get a Secured Card and Auto Loan.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: JH Debt Portfolio Equities

I had them. One of the worst companies. I never heard from them that they had my debt. Never responded to a single letter I sent them. They would "verify" my debt as accurate if I disputed it with the CRAs but I never heard a thing from them. The OC was just as bad. Jh fell off finally and the OC is due to fall off 1/2020. Good luck.
Message 2 of 6
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

I am dealing with them right now. I plan to settle with them next year after I pay off all my active and current debts, so I have basically been ignoring them for the time being. I did try disputing with the CRAs. They keep verifying it, similar to the other poster's experience. I did send them a debt validation letter. They responded by sending me copies of the original credit card statements from Citibank and an ID theft affadavit. They are trying to imply that the only reason that the debt would not be valid is identity theft, which is not true. Either way, I haven't communicated with them by phone yet.

Message 3 of 6
DarkMoonLily
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I had them. One of the worst companies. I never heard from them that they had my debt. Never responded to a single letter I sent them. They would "verify" my debt as accurate if I disputed it with the CRAs but I never heard a thing from them. The OC was just as bad. Jh fell off finally and the OC is due to fall off 1/2020. Good luck.

Where does it show when it's supposed to fall off? I'd rather just pay it since its such a small amount but if they are this impossible to work with I might just let it sit there and fall off... I honestly didnt know they had this debt either until i checked my credit reports recently. They never called or sent anything by mail... 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

On certain reports it will have a "will remain on report until" at the end of the report entry. It should be near the bottom or the last line for that entry.
You can call the cra as well and ask them. They will (or should) all have the same drop off date so you could just call one of them and ask.
Message 5 of 6
DarkMoonLily
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
On certain reports it will have a "will remain on report until" at the end of the report entry. It should be near the bottom or the last line for that entry.
You can call the cra as well and ask them. They will (or should) all have the same drop off date so you could just call one of them and ask.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.