Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Capital Collection Deleted

tag
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Jefferson Capital Collection Deleted

Good news everybody! (In my best Professor Farnsworth voice). I received a letter today stating a collection was deleted. It was an unexpected response to an email I sent the CEO of Jefferson Capital Systems on July 17th. Here is the response they sent in full:

Dear Mr. J.,

We acknowledge receipt of your communucation to Mr. Burton concering the above-referenced account.

Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC, acquired the Fingerhut Direct Marketing account and balance of $210.60 in May 2009. Based on your stated dispute and to resolve the matter, we have closed our file and terminated collection efforts. We are also notifying the credit bureaus to delete our trade line from your credit bureau file.

We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Sincerely,

Signature

Consumer Relatons Staff

For those interested. here is the entire email I sent (it's long and unnecessarily wordy, but effective it seems):

Dear Mr. Burton,

I received a letter from Jefferson Capital Systems stating an attempt to collect a debt of $210.60 for original creditor Fingerhut Direct Marketing account ending ****0000. Please be advised this is not a refusal to pay a debt, but a notice pursuant to the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, 15 USC 1692g Sec. 809 (b) that your claim is disputed and validation is requested.

The JCS reference number is 0000000000.

I have no knowledge of this account. I request that you please verify the following information to assist identifying whether this debt is valid:

1. Full original account number
2. Date original account opened
3. Any written agreement(s) between myself and the original creditor stating I agreed to pay alleged debt
3. Consumer address at which original account was opened
4. Date of first delinquency
5. Itemized calculation of alleged debt

If Jefferson Capital Systems is unable to provide the above identifying account information I will have no recourse but to presume the debt invalid and/or fraudulent and request account deletion from all credit reporting agencies without further discussion of payment in full or partial settlement.

This is my attempt to verify the validity of this alleged debt and I appreciate your transparency and cooperation.

Please conduct all communication through written correspondence to the following address only:

Mr. J
1234 Main Street
Anywhewre, USA 12345

Absolutely no phone calls. If correspondence is initiated by JCS in any manner other than permitted I will cease all communication (invoking my legal right to request JCS cease communication) with the presumption that the debt is invalid and that I own zero responsibility (in part or whole) for the repayment of said debt.

Thank you for your assistance.

Now I only have one CO (Fingerhut), 1 defaulted school loan (now paid), and 1 judgment on TU to fall off for a clean slate! Let's hope no other collections from my past rear their ugly heads.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

Re: Jefferson Capital Collection Deleted

Good job!!

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 2 of 19
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats your hard work is paying off

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 19
TwoBeFree
Contributor

Congrats on your success for the Fingerhut company because I have been trying for a few years and havent got anywhere I have mail several letters and fax them. I paid the account in 2010. I had paid the account  by the time MetaBank and WebBank took over the account. The account is reporting 3 times on my credit reports. Which at first belonged to Fingerhut Direct in 2008

Listed

CitiFingerhut same account number

MetaBank Fingerhut sane account number

WebBank Fingerhut same account number

Can you help me with this by sending me the CEO contact information.

Message 4 of 19
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

Is your collection now with Jefferson Capital? I'm a bit confused who you are trying to contact.

Amex BCE: $2600 - Bank of America Cash Rewards: $4800 - Barclaycard Rewards: Jefferson Collections - Capital One Quicksilver: CO - Chase Freedom: C0 - Merrick Bank: $1400 -
Message 5 of 19
TwoBeFree
Contributor

Original owner was Fingerhut Direct Marketing I gues was Jefferson Capital Fingerhut credit issuer. Its now owner is listed under the last owner which is Web Bank-Fingerhut. It was sold/transferred several times as list but showing up 3x on my credit reports under each of the companies listed below

Citi-Fingerhut

MetaBank-Fingerhut ( transferred to )

WebBank-Fingerhut

Message 6 of 19
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

I understand. I don't have any contact information for those companies. I googled the CEO contact info for Jefferson; try google for each of those companies & see if the info is available.

Message 7 of 19
WhiskeyR
Valued Member

I tried googling for the CEO's email address to no avail. Can you PM me it?

Message 8 of 19
Jasir
Frequent Contributor

I only found the email for Jefferson Capital Systems. That won't be helpful to you if your debt isn't with them.

Message 9 of 19
WhiskeyR
Valued Member

Yes, I have a debt with Jefferson Capital Systems. It's slated to be off my reports by years end, but I still would like to email them about having it removed sooner.

Did you email their general address, or were you able to find the CEO's address? And if the latter, are you willing to give it to me or at least instruct me on how you found it?

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.