Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Capital IDK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jefferson Capital IDK

Hey Fico Family Verizon Wireless sold my account to Jefferson Capital I paid the agreed settlement amount of 180.00$ on 7/31/2020 a jefferson capital rep told me they report to the bureaus every 2 weeks, on 8/12/2020 I sent out  Chargeoff dispute letters to EX,EQ,TU with my DL, payoff letter from Jcap, Bank proof of the 180$ paid from my chking acct, TU deleted the jcap chargeoff but i logged in EX and they stated that the information has been verified as accurate so its going to be on my record as deragotory until oct 2025, This is the ONLY baddie I have on my Credit Profile besides 9 Inquires but the inquires will be off 11/2020 so should I call Jcap and ask them did they notify the 3 Bureaus that I paid off my account and it should be deleted? or should I send off a 2nd round of Letters? btw I sent all 3 certified Mail return receipt requested I have to get this account of my credit report if its the last thing I do anybody Have any experience with this? Thanks again FICO family

4 REPLIES 4
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Jefferson Capital IDK

Are you trying to get the OC account from Verizon removed, or a collection from Jcap removed?

Because creditors technically aren't even supposed to delete accounts even if paid off, it's part of their agreement with the bureaus. Some CAs do as a courtesy/incentive to get people to pay, but it's not required. I say this because disputing it to get it removed is not the way to go about it. You merely have to wait; it hasn't even been 30 days.

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 5
BmoreBull
Established Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

Are you trying to get the OC account from Verizon removed, or a collection from Jcap removed?

Because creditors technically aren't even supposed to delete accounts even if paid off, it's part of their agreement with the bureaus. Some CAs do as a courtesy/incentive to get people to pay, but it's not required. I say this because disputing it to get it removed is not the way to go about it. You merely have to wait; it hasn't even been 30 days.

+1 to this. Additionally I'll add that Jefferson Capital is very easy to deal with. They update to the bureaus the 2nd and 4th Friday of the month. The first update would have reported the debt as settled, the second would have removed the account. In your case you did not allow enough time for them to properly update. Probably why the account came back as verified. As stated above, if you're trying to get the original Verizon account off, that's not very likely to happen. They should have it reporting a zero balance and that's about as good as it gets until it falls off. I haven't heard of a lot of success stories for goodwill with Verizon, but you can try. 

Starting Fico Scores:November 2019

Current Fico Scores: January 6, 2021
Goal Scores: 700 across all three
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Fico Family Verizon Wireless sold my account to Jefferson Capital I paid the agreed settlement amount of 180.00$ on 7/31/2020 a jefferson capital rep told me they report to the bureaus every 2 weeks, on 8/12/2020 I sent out  Chargeoff dispute letters to EX,EQ,TU with my DL, payoff letter from Jcap, Bank proof of the 180$ paid from my chking acct, TU deleted the jcap chargeoff but i logged in EX and they stated that the information has been verified as accurate so its going to be on my record as deragotory until oct 2025, This is the ONLY baddie I have on my Credit Profile besides 9 Inquires but the inquires will be off 11/2020 so should I call Jcap and ask them did they notify the 3 Bureaus that I paid off my account and it should be deleted? or should I send off a 2nd round of Letters? btw I sent all 3 certified Mail return receipt requested I have to get this account of my credit report if its the last thing I do anybody Have any experience with this? Thanks again FICO family

you need to be patient and not send disputes when the account is accurate. They explain it takes 30-60d to have the TL 1) balance updated and then 2) removed.

It will not speed up if or when you call. You just need to wait it out.

It took me 6 weeks (until the next time the normally made updates on my account) for PFD to go through. Not Jefferson Capital, but nonetheless, it takes time.

Good luck

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah ok got it FICO family ill just be patient and wait for it to fall off, 30/60 Days so we shall see Thanks will keep you guys updated

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.