Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Capital PFD letter returned

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jefferson Capital PFD letter returned

Hi all,

I have been following for some time now and recently took ahold of my credit and started trying to get all of it cleaned up.

I sent out two PFD letters to Jefferson Capital. One got delayed in the mail but the other arrived on time and I got a response today. I used a PFD example and modified it a bit to sound more personable. Still, I made sure that all of the information was listed as follows:

Mark this account as paid in full. Not marked as a paid debt or collection. To deleted from all 3 tradelines once full payment has been made. Also made sure to ask for the company stationary and all that jazz.

The letter I got today had everything I wanted on it except one thing, nowhere mentioned on the letter itself was them agreeing to delete fromn the tradelines like I had asked. it just said:

"Upon full payment of the above account number, the account will be marked paid in full"

and thats that.

Any ideas or help as to where to go from here? Paid in full wasnt what I was asking for and doesnt agree to delete the tradelines if the payment is made.

Thanks.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Jefferson Capital PFD letter returned

PFD letter not necessary for Jefferson Capital. As per their website:

"Our policy is that we will request the credit bureaus delete the tradeline approximately 30 days after the final payment has been posted that resolves the account as paid in full or paid in full for less than the full balance."

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Jefferson Capital PFD letter returned

That’s great news! Thanks for pointing that out. I read some older post and never read the fine print on the website.

Sweet 😬
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.