Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Capital Systems Need Advice

tag
professor_g
Valued Member

Jefferson Capital Systems Need Advice

So in April I  got an alert that Jefferson Capital has reported an old debt to Experian.  I have sent Jefferson multiple requests for a DV and have yet to hear back from them.  I just noticed today that my experian credit report notes that the TL is scheduled to fall off my report June 2013.  This is a debt I am certain I paid over the phone years ago after being harassed by debt collectors, but it was so long ago and I was too careless at the time to keep proper documentation.  The debt was a bank account that was closed/charged off in 2004.  What should I do?  Wait for it to fall off?  Dispute with experian directly?  I was hoping to refinance my car at the end of the month and I know my credit union pulls experian.   Jefferson capital has not reported to the other CRA's.  Any advice/insight would be greatly appreciated. 

In My Wallet: AZSTCU Visa (13K) I Discover It (13K) I Home Depot (8K) I Citi TYP (6.2K) I Amex BCE (6K) I Dillard's Amex (5.5K) I BOA Cash Rewards (5K) I Chase Southwest Visa (3.25K) I Chase Freedom (3.25K) I Lowe's (2.25K) I Macy's (1.3K)

Starting Score: EX 586 EQ 551 TU 583 Current Score: EX 755 (CU PULL) EQ 803 TU 725
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Jefferson Capital Systems Need Advice

You could GW them...lol. Then when they write back with a bill, then you DV them again...Smiley Very Happy ...or really get their attention with a FOAD.

Honestly, if you can't get them to validate, and you have until the end of June...wait it out. I would try to determine prior payment though!!!

Message 2 of 3
professor_g
Valued Member

Re: Jefferson Capital Systems Need Advice

Thanks for the advice.  I'll send a GW today and try to get their attention through that route.  I've looked through all my stuff to find proof of payment but I've moved cross country about 3 times in the last 7 years so I don't think I'm going to be able to find that bank statement (when I paid this debt over the phone I hadn't yet started receiving electronic bank statements and I closed that bank account many years ago).  

My credit union is offering a great promotion on auto refi right now that expires on June, so if I can help myself by getting Jefferson to remove the TL, I would love to be able to take advantage of the promotion.  

In My Wallet: AZSTCU Visa (13K) I Discover It (13K) I Home Depot (8K) I Citi TYP (6.2K) I Amex BCE (6K) I Dillard's Amex (5.5K) I BOA Cash Rewards (5K) I Chase Southwest Visa (3.25K) I Chase Freedom (3.25K) I Lowe's (2.25K) I Macy's (1.3K)

Starting Score: EX 586 EQ 551 TU 583 Current Score: EX 755 (CU PULL) EQ 803 TU 725
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.