cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Capital Systems policy question?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Jefferson Capital Systems policy question?

I have an old verizon wireless account on my credit report that i defaulted on in 2013. It has since been sold to JCS for collections since 2015. I dont ever remember getting a dunning letter from them but it's possible i just tossed it. It's for 199 and i'll gladly PIF if they remove the tradeline. I found this on their website and was curious if anyone knows if they hold true to their policy?

"We also stop reporting and delete our tradeline on any account that is both:

• Paid in Full or Paid in full for less than the full balance; and
  • More than two years have passed since the delinquency date."
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: Jefferson Capital Systems policy question?

Once you pay it their policy is that they will delete it from your CR’s—As long as the DOFD is past 2 yrs.

I have one with them for Verizon myself. I WISH I had your amount but, Mine is more than yours.😔

IMHO, best to call, pay, and wait for deletion.

Once I have the money saved, I will be doing just that.

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 2 of 11
mmajer4211
Regular Contributor

I just had the exact same situation very recently. Mine was for $151. I paid it on 1/3/19, submitted a dispute on 1/5/19 and it was removed completely on 1/7/19. Extremely quick. 

MASSIVE OVERHALL (48) MONTHS IN

Message 3 of 11
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

A statement that is publicly posted as applying to all consumers can be used should you meet the terms and they fail to then meet their posted terms.  It subjects them to a breach of contract suit should they not delete.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, i called JCS yesterday to resolve my collections with them and i was told to contact Dynamic Recovery Solutions from Greenville SC. I googled them up and saw some shady stuff about that agency so ive made the decision to just let it age off next year :/

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mmajer4211 wrote:

I just had the exact same situation very recently. Mine was for $151. I paid it on 1/3/19, submitted a dispute on 1/5/19 and it was removed completely on 1/7/19. Extremely quick. 

I think I replied to you in another post regarding this but how did you dispute the claim and have it removed so quickly? I have no problem paying, but they absolutely refuse to do a PFD. Where, or how, exactly did you dispute it after paying in full?

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@firefighter1 where did you get the info about they delete as long as it's over two years? I looked all over there website and found nothing.
Message 7 of 11
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Top of website. "Credit Reporting FAQ's"

delete.JPG

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I literally just (three minutes ago) submitted my final payment on a JCS (OC Fingerhut) account that has a DoFD of June 2017. I settled a $307 debt for $189 and they agreed to delete after paid-for-settled-amount contract is fulfilled. So, I expect that TL to be deleted by July 2019. I will try to remember to update when it happens.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mmajer4211,

What was the basis of your dispute?  I paid on 1 May and was expecting to just have to wait for JCS to have the tradeline deleted.  Did you dispute with all three CRAs?

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.