Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Capital Systems

tag
siveriano
New Contributor

Jefferson Capital Systems

JCS reported the account on 7/13/2019 as if 1 payment was received but not as settle, is this a normal thing from them?

I was told that once the payment was processed in about 30 to 45 days they will ask the CRA to remove it from my CR.

jcs.jpg

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Jefferson Capital Systems

"I was told that once the payment was processed in about 30 to 45 days they will ask the CRA to remove it from my CR."

I hope you got that in writing? Did you try an official PFD? 

Message 2 of 18
siveriano
New Contributor

As in like writing not but i was recording the call when they stated this.
Idk if i should call them tomorrow and see what they will tell me or if i should just wait the 45 days.
Also they have this on their website
Screenshot_3.jpg

Message 3 of 18
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

Yes collection agencies have done that but since that was only 2 days ago i would wait how long they say to wait before making a big fuss about it. With settlements first they update the difference then to zero then delete it.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 4 of 18
siveriano
New Contributor

Alright then, ill wait a bit longer, thanks for the help.

Message 5 of 18
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Great. Hopefully they abide by their policy. The issue without PFD is they are now paid, are not legally obligated to remove, and you have lost all leverage Smiley Happy 

Message 6 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

It will get deleted 30-45 days after it's completely paid off 

Message 7 of 18
siveriano
New Contributor

I reinstalled a call recorder app i trusted while back and called JCS, after jumping with 3 different representatives finally i landed to the one that is managing my account so i told him something like this.
"Last week i contacted you guys to settle an account, woukd you remind me the agreement we came to please also i guess i have to let you know just like the last call im recording this call as well."
JCS: This account is for a verizon account you had with a balance of $940 and was settle with a one time payment of $376.
Then i asked him why was this payment reported and the account reported as if it still in collections to wich he told me is a process that takes about 30 days for them to contact the CRA to get the account remove from the CR and that the agreement is recorded on their end same as my end and that just wait out the 30 days .
Im guessing this is some hope.

Message 8 of 18
simplegirl
Valued Contributor

As previously stated when you settle accounts with debt collectors they do delete they first update to the difference of the settlement amount then to zero and then the account is deleted.

Starting Score: 494 503 521
Current Score: 503 507 507 2/19
Goal Score: 680

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Goals:

Get First Home in Summer 2025
Message 9 of 18
siveriano
New Contributor

Just a little update, I'm guessing step 2/3 woot woot.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.