Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Capital Systems

tag
musicalmom
New Contributor

Jefferson Capital Systems

Has anyone had a Verizon wireless debt that was bought by Jefferson Capital Systems? I owe about $4400. I've been working on my credit and have been able to get my score up to 663. Anytime I try and do anything with credit it's that that bites me. It has some time before it'll drop off or anything. I don't have that kind of money to pay. It's from an account I started shortly after my husband passed. I then realized it was a mistake to do and didn't pay on it. I took my phone and went back to At&t. With the debt being that much am I able to call and offer less to satisfy it but not for the amount? I forget the proper wording but it's something along those lines. If I can call and offer less what would you recommend that price be? I realize in doing that I'll never be able to get Verizon wireless every again unless I pay it in full. 

Has anyone ever dealt with them? Any recommendations on what I should do? I'd like to pay much much less just to get it satisfied. Thanks in advance for any help. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Jefferson Capital Systems

Call Verizon and see what kind of deal you can get to pay this off. They have their own internal collections division. They try for a while to get people pay them first before they send it out to JC. I'd start at paying for the phone you took over to AT&T and go from there. If they accept an offer. Ask them to recall the debt from JC. Good Luck!

Message 2 of 3
Brooklyn2018
Valued Contributor

Re: Jefferson Capital Systems

@musicalmom wrote:

Has anyone had a Verizon wireless debt that was bought by Jefferson Capital Systems? I owe about $4400. I've been working on my credit and have been able to get my score up to 663. Anytime I try and do anything with credit it's that that bites me. It has some time before it'll drop off or anything. I don't have that kind of money to pay. It's from an account I started shortly after my husband passed. I then realized it was a mistake to do and didn't pay on it. I took my phone and went back to At&t. With the debt being that much am I able to call and offer less to satisfy it but not for the amount? I forget the proper wording but it's something along those lines. If I can call and offer less what would you recommend that price be? I realize in doing that I'll never be able to get Verizon wireless every again unless I pay it in full. 

Has anyone ever dealt with them? Any recommendations on what I should do? I'd like to pay much much less just to get it satisfied. Thanks in advance for any help. 

I had a Verizon account that was bought by Jefferson Capital. Although, it was much lower than your amount I did manage to settle for less(40%) Once that 40% was paid they will update your credit report as PAID/SETTLED FOR LESS and then they will automatically delete your account when it is 2 years PAST the DOFD(it's stated on their website)

So, try your best to work something out with them. If it is reletively new(?) set up a payment plan with them until it is paid off(only id you know you can successfully complete the plan) and once it's paid off they'll delete the collection as long as it qualifies from DOFD. It truly is a WIN WIN!!

Also, If the account had actually been sold to Jeff Cap-then call Verizon and ask that they remove the sold account from your credit reports. I did exactly that and had it removed because they no longer own the debt.

Hope that helps and good luck

Goal Score: 600(within a year)**MET MY GOAL** | Goal Score: 700**MET MY GOAL** | Goal score: 800
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

>

I❤️NY
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.