Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jefferson Capital

tag
cd0926
Established Member

Jefferson Capital

Hey Guys I need your help. First of all in February 2008 my bankruptcy was discharged and it included an account that went to collections after the discharge date. Do a collection agency have the right to put on my credit report after the fact or should it be removed? By the way it has come back verified and EQ won't remove. What other recourse do I have at this point?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Jefferson Capital

You have an account that WAS included in your BK but went to collections after it was discharged?

No it is not legal.  As you know, once a debt is discharged by the bankruptcy court, it is gone.  The discharge turns the automatic stay into something akin to a permanent injunction that prohibits creditors form trying to collect the debt.

I would let them know, by a certified letter, showing it was included in the BK.  If they do not remove it you will sue them.

Jefferson Capitol is horrible.  They have been sued for doing exactly the same thing.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.